Let's talk clothes...new to it for BF, any tips, where is your target shopping?

HollyBerry

I do not need electronics this year, however we all need new coats, clothes, jeans, etc...

So are there any experienced BF clothes shoppers that can give us newbies advice?

Esp....how to tell if it is a "BF DEAL" as opposed to reg. price sale?

It is worth it in savings or should we stay home?:eek: I can't imagine not getting out there at 5AM to NOT get the "deals"...;)

Kohls is great and I always do well at JC Penny for men's clothes. I don't personally care for Old Navy so I couldn't tell you about their deals. Nothing I've ever bought at Old Navy has stood up to more than a few washings and then it looks like it came from a thrift store.

Old Navy has a VERY cheap line of clothes, so if you're only in there buying the shirts that are around $5.00 (maybe a bit more), I can believe it. If you buy the more expensive stuff, you'll do better, quality wise. Their men's hoodies are pretty well made and my kids are still wearing them years later (I am funny about laundry now and never place zippered sweatshirts in a dryer with heat, actually, I never place any of their shirts in a dryer with heat - I do fluff without heat though). You'll pay a little more for the better made items, but they're still less than Pac Sun, Hollister, and American Eagle. IMO, they fall about head to head (price wise) with Aero.

These are the stores my kids shop in and I've found, the Old Navy hold up as well as the $50 and $60 ones from the other stores mentioned.

I highly suggest everyone stay away from their low line though. It's pure JUNK!

Kohls will have the Sonoma mens jeans for 9.99 on BF if you have the 15% off coupon you can get them for $8.49. All kids coats are 60% off and then an addittional 15% with the coupon many are recieveing in the mail. So if a coat was regular 80.00 it would cost you 27.20. Womens coats reg 130-180 are going to $49.99. The great thing is, for every 50 dollars you spend you get 10 in "Kohls Cash " usually good the following week. Can you tell I like Kohls?

I have posted the ad and scan for Express clothes for the day after. Prices there are generally a bit higher than Old Navy or Kohls, but the clothes are very high quality. The 1MX dress shirts are the nicest dress shirts I have ever owned. The fabric is very durable looks amazing. The fit is a bit slimmer than most shirts, which I think is nice. Apart from their ad, most stores also have a clearance rack with incredible deals. Over the summer they had two piece suits for about $50. Some shirts I have bought there were only 4 or 5 bucks. Plus, with every order the day after you get either a hat or a purse.

Just my 2 cents.