toysrus.com is HORRIBLE!!!

amyers12345

I ordered a Little Tikes Log Cabin yesterday. This was advertised on the website for $75.00, retail $299.00. Today I received the cancellation notice. The item still shows in stock. When I called them, they just told me they are OOS, and will not get any in until summer. They have spend time cancelling all orders, but STILL haven't had time to update their website. Sounds to me like someone made a mistake and they don't want to honor it.

I have heard horrible things about toysrus.com, mainly pertaining to order cancellation. I understand why now.

They refuse to do anything about it, and they will not substitute a comparable item.

Does anyone have any ideas? I really wanted this for my daughter for christmas, and the price was amazing. I absolutely refuse to pay full price for it from TRU, and littletikes.com shows that it is OOS.

On 11-14-06, I ordered 2 Little Tykes Log Cabins, advertised and offered for $75 each + tax/shipping. 24 hours later I received 2 emails telling me that my orders had been cancelled as the items were not available. This is the same information that was given me on the phone by Michelle in Customer Service on 11-15-06 at 9:08 PM CST. I asked Michelle for the address and phone number of ToysRUs' corporate headquarters and she told me that she was not allowed to give it to me...its on the ToysRUs website for pete's sake! I asked to speak to a supervisor, was placed on hold, and several minutes later was told that all of the supervisors had left 8 minutes ago and that I would have to call back in the morning. Moments later, I ordered another cabin online at $249. I then called Dawn in Customer Service at 9:23PM CST and asked her if the Log Cabin was in stock. Dawn told me the inventory showed that there were "plenty" of them in stock. There have been rumors on the site that ToysRUs' new website service is horrible. Those rumors have been verified for me tonight! My grandchildren were waiting for those cabins, ToysRUs advertised them, took my money, then cancelled my orders, not because they were out of stock, but more likely because someone made an error on the price.

That is absolutely illegal..and exactly why I will not shop at TRU. I would get the corporate info from the website and pursue that..especially if you have the names of the reps and the times you spoke to them. Maybe if you let them know that it's quite obvious what they are pulling they will offer you some sort of deal. My sister had the same problem ..TRU not honoring the advertised price.when she ordered it, there was no problem..then she received the cancellation. She called the customer service line and tried to order it. No problem- at full price. Even after she told them she had an email right in front of her saying what the sale price was, they said they had no idea what she was talking about and if she wanted to place the order it would be at full price. when she spoke to the corporate people she told them she was turning them in for false advertisement. She also told them about her phone call to customer service and that she still had the email and would gladly forward it since nobody seemed to know what she was talking about concerning the advertised sale price of this item. They were not happy hearing that and actually treated her worse after she said it. She finally had enough of these people basically telling her that she was trying to get an expensive item for a ridiculous price at a time when alot of people are strapped for cash. She was really offended, spewed a few choice words their way and hung up. She said she wasn't going to waste her time and would never shop with them again. It's horrible that this is the way that they are treating thier customers.

Sorry to hear that others have had the same problem!! I hope you can find another deal somewhere!

I have had this happen before, but not on such a great deal! I told them that if I were in the store and the price was incorrect they would honor it but why not online. They referred me to thier site's "terms and conditions" which states:

Accuracy of Information. We attempt to ensure that information on this Web Site is complete, accurate and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this Web Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy or currentness of any information on this Web Site. For example, products included on this Web Site may be unavailable, may have different attributes than those listed, or may actually carry a different price than that stated on this Web Site. In addition, we may make changes in information about price and availability without notice. While it is our practice to confirm orders by email, the receipt of an email order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a product or service. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to limit the order quantity on any product or service and/or to refuse service to any customer. We also may require verification of information prior to the acceptance and/or shipment of any order.

I think it is cruel to put a deal like that out there, mistake or not, and then not honor it. I understand they are a business but they should at least be honest to those of you who are calling and being told they are out of stock, which is OBVIOUSLY a lie!!

I cannot find corporate's email on the website. I am so fed up with this. What's funny is that we spend thousands in there yearly. We buy almost all clothes, shoes, diapers, and always bought formula there. I told them they would lose that all for a measly $175.00. Pretty stupid business plan.

I hate to say it, but its not just them. BB is terrible for customer service. I've had orders cancelled from them and got nothing. No explaination except, 'Sorry for any inconvenience'. Their 'fine print' says they are not responsible for prices that are posted incorrectly. What a crock.

If anyone else is in the same boat, call them again this morning. They are taking phone #'s to call you when they get a decision back from corporate about substituting or compensation. Heck, I'd be happy w/ a gift card or something. Who knows if they will call, but it's worth a shot.

A similar thing happened to me. I ordered the Fantasy Flight boardgame, Äxis and Allies for my son. It was advertised in the clearance section for only $9.99. Now this game everywhere else is $49.99. So I ordered one. Said in stock. Filled out credit card information, etc. Even got a order confirmation number. 3 days go by and I get a cancellation email. I went back to the site and it said $9.99 again. In stock too. I ordered one again. Cancelled 2 days later. I sent a nasty email to them. Obviously I never heard back. The price a week later was put back up to $39. What Bull

TRU is fractured and falling apart. Stick to your guns and don't give up. I didn't order the cabin but if they have them at regular price and are cancelling the sale orders you can be darn sure I'm calling a consumer hotline investigation place.

I currently am owed $10 by TRU for a rebate and their customer "service" person that I am dealing with refuses to pay, and is either lying or stupid because they are contradicting themselves in replies (not to mention ignoring the facts on the rebate form, which I emailed to them). I went to my local store today and the manager there would not honor the rebate (it was suggested I do that because most managers will just give you the $10 to settle the problem). She told me to call customer service and escalate if necessary.

It's amazing how a company that used to be known for great customer service has gone so far downhill.

Sadly, my son wants a Lego set that TRU has for 50% off (all Lego is 50% off Friday and Saturday). I obviously would prefer not to give my money to TRU. But I doubt that Walmart would PM a 50% off deal, I'd need to have an actual price for the item.

I currently am owed $10 by TRU for a rebate and their customer "service" person that I am dealing with refuses to pay, and is either lying or stupid because they are contradicting themselves in replies (not to mention ignoring the facts on the rebate form, which I emailed to them). I went to my local store today and the manager there would not honor the rebate (it was suggested I do that because most managers will just give you the $10 to settle the problem). She told me to call customer service and escalate if necessary.

It's amazing how a company that used to be known for great customer service has gone so far downhill.

Sadly, my son wants a Lego set that TRU has for 50% off (all Lego is 50% off Friday and Saturday). I obviously would prefer not to give my money to TRU. But I doubt that Walmart would PM a 50% off deal, I'd need to have an actual price for the item.

NO wm will NOT PM % off deals. I have asked repeatedly. They refuse. HOWEVER shop around on the legos. I am SURE I seen somebody this week that had them on sale

I hate to say it, but its not just them. BB is terrible for customer service. I've had orders cancelled from them and got nothing. No explaination except, 'Sorry for any inconvenience'. Their 'fine print' says they are not responsible for prices that are posted incorrectly. What a crock.

None of them are. The really good stores honor the pricing errors, but the problem is that they can get hammered on these errors these days since word spreads quickly and lots of orders get placed.

Walmart does not PM websites. However, Sears does, with a 10% discount. And if you only have one of those Sears electronics/lawn stores, or whatever they are, they will also PM anything that they can find on the Sears website. So even if they do not carry it, they will PM it and take 10% off the price.