anyon elses kids driving them crazy?

firestone71

my daughter love her dearly is driving me crazy! everyday it is something new that she wants for christmas and the sad things is is that i am done shopping for her and each day a new toy is added to her list. and other family members are done as well because i had told them things that she wanted! i probably should have waited but i got such good deals that i couldn't pass them up! is anyone else having this problem or is my daugjhter from outerspace!!!!!!:eyepoppin

my dd is the same way also she's come up with "I can go to Papa's so you can go shopping for me" But it's been twice as bad for the past month b/c her b-day is coming up soon. :cheesy: she thinks she needs two (very long) lists one for her b-day and another for christmas

yes!! my DD turns 4 on the 28th and i dont even dare to take her into the stores with me anymore! I keep telling her that right after her bday, santa comes, so momma isnt going to buy her a toy today. some days i can get away with it, others i cant. but the constant "I want" is driving me insane! I told her tonight that this weekend we are going shopping for our boy and girl we have from the angel tree. We have also cleaned out her toys that she dont play with and i explained to her that these will go to other little boys and girls that dont have any toys. her response? "Look mommy, thats so nice of me. Santa should stop at my house first."

while i think its cute, i dont want her to think about xmas this way. she does go to a church based preschool and they have been telling the kids what the holidays are about and today she came to me and said that xmas is about when jesus was born and laid in a manger.

but from halloween to xmas, its one big headache for me. :)

i think i would say"good children get more from santa then greedy children(i am not saying your child is greedy just a general thing to say).. ,and you need to choose cause you cant have everything." the bad part will be when the child says ok i want THIS and its the one thing you dont have already!)really i think its the media that does this.. not so much shopping trips... kids see everything on tv,and of course it looks fun on there...then i think 1/2 the stuff they get cause they just had to have it ,is not even played with.. i remember when i was a kid i never got a choice ... i never made a list or was asked what i wanted.i was also very happy with what i did get. i assume my mom watched through out the year to see what i wanted..

Yours might be too little for this, but we have always stated that the kids can ask for 3 things. they might get 1,2, or even all 3... but if they ask for more, the start to loose them. We have always gotten them more, but it let us know which where the most important to them. It has given us a limit as well as "must haves". I know my kids are never going to have new jammies on the tops of their lists... but they are always under the tree along with other usefull gifts that they are excited to open, but may not of asked for!!LOL!!

I have asked my DD3 what she wants for Christmas so many times I am probably driving her crazy. She just keeps telling me she want the doll that you squeeze her hands and she talks. (the FP Toddler doll) I have that, but I guess since we do not watch TV she never sees the commercials, and it limits what she wants.

surprisingly, both my kids are really good this year. Not really bothering me in the last week. My daughter thinks Santa was already sent her list so now she just tells me what she wants extra as she knows mom and dad buy her presents too. My son knows its mom and dad so he gave us his list and thats about it.

everyday my 5 yo. daughter is showing me a toy commercial or a toy ad in the paper that she wants. I just tell her that she can not get everything that she wants cause Santa has to make sure he has enough toys for ALL the good boys and girls and if he gives her everything that she wants there may not be enough for the other kids.

my daughter knows that she is limited to what she will get it's just that she'll see something new and decides she wants this instead!! for example she wanted the amazing allysen doll and i got it! it was such a hassle because target had then for 69.99 with extra 10 coupon and they never had them in stock but after about 8 days finally got one there. so of coarse after i purchased the item she says, "mom i don't want that doll i want the techno dog instead! this is starting to happen on a dailey basis with most of the things she has asked for. mom i don't want that know i would rather have this!!!!:banghead: she is 7 and still believe in santa. thank god but she is going to drive me in sane!!!! no wonder drinking is such a problem this time of year!!! lol!! i know i'm feeling like i need one dailey!!!!! and think it's only mid November!!!

well my son's birthday is coming up and he's driving me nuts with telling his friends he's having a party (surpise to me, didn't think he wanted one this yr) his bd is next month and he's asking what time is it going to start. like i know that now :g_shrug: and my 5 yr dd she wants EVERYTHING she see. girls or boys toys it don't matter. with so much being advertised she is constantly saying "i want that". i tell her yes i know, we'll see, christmas is coming, maybe. i don't raise them thinking santa is coming. my kids know i'm the one who gives them everything.

I think I am driving my kids crazy asking them. Even though my son has a list of over 100 items, I am still asking what he wants. I figure the things that he really want will come up more often. But they both have birthdays between now and Christmas also. So I need all the ideas I can get.