I kinda hate the publicity BF is getting...

EliteABombAZ

... if more casual shoppers learn about "tricks" and "secrets" to BF shopping on TV news story, then that means more competition will show up in line at Best Buy, WM etc. Making it harder for us to get our doorbusters.

BF is an easy story for the media. Little research and they will always have a pool of people willing to talk. The election is over with and there are no really big news stories so the BF stores are a good time filler.

I think all of the publicity which is good for this site I think is starting to have a negative impact on BF. For example I have noticed that the stores are being more aggressive in going after sites like this and stores like Best Buy have created price matching clauses to bar price matching on BF.

This year I have had to do more research and come up with new tactics for BF.

Guest mldepalma
Every year seems to get crazier and crazier with more and more people out early. I have to say I liked it better when there were a lot fewer people out. It was so much nicer and people seemed (in general) a lot happier about being out so early in the morning. I didn't run into nearly as many cranky people at 5:00 am... But, there was a time when I didn't shop early on BF and now I can't imagine not doing it.... :D

I remember the days of getting to stores later in the wee hours of the morning and being first in line. Not gonna happen now a days. Too many ppl wanting realizing the bargains. The funny thing is, most stores now don't have the great bargains they had back then. And it's worse out there now! Go figure!

yeah, one of my friends told me she wanted to go camp out just for "fun and looking around"

WHAT???

Thats just crazy, lol Im glad I live in a small town and hit up the Wal-Mart first cause of the new thing, stand by what u want till they open it at 5, I only got there an hour early, I went to the city for the first time last year and it wasnt that bad, just couldnt get in TRU, well got in but wasnt standing in the checkout line, got there at like 8 or 9, hit up sears first for the tools, didnt get to meijers till like 12 and still got out w/ some good stuff.

I think the fact of the matter is MORE people are trying to get better deals and save a buck. Because now I have people talking to me about Black Friday who a couple of years ago thought I was crazy for getting up that early to go out shopping. Now they are getting in line and standing outside earlier than me :gdparanoid:

Also BF is so much funny once you go out once your pretty much hooked:2wiggle: