New to BestBuy Ticket thing

bfdeals06

Hey guys, ive read a little bit about the ticket thing, but I really dont know what it is. Usually I used to go to Sears every Black Friday so I dont know how the Best Buy ticket system works. Ive heard a lot of people say they hand out tickets at a certain time but what does the ticket allow you to do. I plan on going there at midnight and getting the Westy 22" monitor and maybe the Panasonic home theater system and small items such as DV Tapes and the DVDR's, just wanted to know if someone could clarify the ticket system that BestBuy has. Thanks again!

I am not trying to hijack this post but I am also new at the Best Buy ticket thing, and I really want one of the Westinghouse TV's so if someone posts answers to the previous questions would you please answer this one also. I was wondering if I wait in line all night and get a ticket for the item I want will I get my item no matter what? Can I go get the other things I want and pick up the TV right before I leave or do I have to rush and get the TV first and try to haul it around while I shop? Thanks for any answers.

Another stupid question actually, is the Home Theater system by Panasonic considered a DoorBuster that I will need to have a ticket for?

If it's the one for $299, no it's not a doorbuster that will require a ticket. In fact, I would guess that you wouldn't have to get in line too early for this one.

So just to confirm – BB will hand out tickets for the BIG door buster items only?? I’m interested in getting the $380 laptop and $189 desktop. However I also want to pick up the $80 Kodak easyshare camera. Will they pass out a ticket for the camera? I’m not sure of the best plan of attack once we get in the store. I’m sure it’s going to be crazy. Assuming I am one of the first few in line, should I head for the camera section first and then the computer section? Will they have the smaller items sitting out to grab on the way?? Should be interesting!

i assume this is your first black friday? i wouldnt consider anything easy to grab on the way. yes there are smaller items out but with the croud you can be slowed down tryign to grab all the small stuff first. i would with out a doubt head for what you want...unless you have someone with you who can do the grabbing.

So just to confirm – BB will hand out tickets for the BIG door buster items only?? I’m interested in getting the $380 laptop and $189 desktop. However I also want to pick up the $80 Kodak easyshare camera. Will they pass out a ticket for the camera? I’m not sure of the best plan of attack once we get in the store. I’m sure it’s going to be crazy. Assuming I am one of the first few in line, should I head for the camera section first and then the computer section? Will they have the smaller items sitting out to grab on the way?? Should be interesting!

Yes. The camera will be ticketed. I got one last for the kodak. Usually all the front cover items are ticketed. And this year's ad specifically states it. Previous years, they will hand out tickets for as much inventory as they have. Just because the flyer says minimum 10 per store, they will give tickets out until they run out.

Here is some advice. If you are going to get any computer. Grab a cart get back to where they are passing them out. Have someone with you to go try to find the rest of your list if you can. But, you would probably want to get back to the line for the pc's first. It's great to have the ticket but it's a hassle to have to wait for them to remove the added software package that they have done in the past. For Tv's, and other earlybird ticketed items. That ticket is your guarantee to get that item. Grab your other items and then go get the tv or whatever it is you have a ticket for. Just make sure that you get them before the early sale ends. I've heard people get their tickets and run off to another store. That ticket is only good till the sale ends for earlybirds which I believe is noon.

does anybody know if best buy gives out maps of where the items are

No! You are on your own. My advice to you is to go to your BB about an hour before they close on Wednesday night (day before Thanksgiving) and do recon. By then they will be setting up stuff so just walk around, look around and take a note in your mind on what is going on.

does anybody know if best buy gives out maps of where the items are

It depends, some BB do hand out maps....you can ask the BB people who are giving out the tickets where some items are and they would probably tell you a good "rough" area where that item is.

Of course, you could be talking to a "newbie" so I usually like to talk to the manager or someone who looks like they are in charge, about where items are.

Thomas

At the BB near me they gave out maps of the store. 2 lanes were roped off, one was for the computer corral and the other sent you out into the store. To check out they would wind you thru the appliances and near the check out they had all the small doorbusters, mp3 players and such. Just hand over the ticket for that small item and you were off to checkout.