Roller Shoes?

I want to get my 9 year old the shoes with the wheel in them. He loves to skate board so I think he would do great with just the one wheel not the ones like roller skates!! Anyone know where I could find a good deal? I didn't realize they were so expensive!

TIA

Tiffany

I think your looking for Heelys, I've seen them in sports authority and dicks sporting goods.

If you get their mailers in, they usually have $10 off $50 or better coupons. If you get on sport authority phone list. (think I signed up in store, it was years ago)...they will call you frequently and tell you to pick up your preferred customer coupon - usually 20% off any item - at their customer svc desk...

Last year, after the holidays, both stores had lots of them on clearance (30% or more)

I got my kids' Heelys from shoes.com. They start at $59.99 and go up from there. I think I paid $44.99 plus tax(?) on each pair(no shipping!!!). Search this site for the latest discount code or you can call shoes.com and ask if they have any coupon codes that are currently available.

I got the Heelys as Christmas gifts for my kids. They have a very good return policy at shoes.com but I don't think I will have to return because I originally took my kids to Sports Authority to window shop for Christmas and get some ideas. They didn't have the sizes I needed in the style that my kids like at Sports Authority. The sale associates says they can't keep them in the stores and to try online. Well the shipping was a little pricey for me plus the shoes were not on sale. I searched the this site for general discounts codes and found Shoes.com. I searched shoes.com website and found that they sold Heelys. Now Heelys are showcased on the home page so you won't have to search for them.

Pointers:

1. Look for discount codes on this website or call shoes.com

2. They don't come in half sizes.

3. When doing the search for Heelys on the net, several comments I found from customers that had brought Heelys say to buy a size larger and others say they are true to size. When my kids tried them on in the stores they felt more comfortable in a size larger than there regular shoe size. Downside is that they didn't want to take them off. So glad that it wasn't the color and style that they really wanted!!!

3. Don't wait to late. The stores have a hard time keeping them in stock. I am not sure about online. I have been told from my kids and my kids' friends that anyone that doesn't already have them has listed them on their Christmas list.

Hope this helps