Need ideas for 10yo boy ($25 limit)

his_kid

This boy has like 2 toys or posessions that aren't absolute needs. I would like to get him something for Christmas. It can't be something that would require a lot of batteries or extra add-ons, etc. What would be something fun and just for him? Oh, I have never met him (know about him through a friend) and don't know his interests at all. Thanks!

This boy has like 2 toys or posessions that aren't absolute needs. I would like to get him something for Christmas. It can't be something that would require a lot of batteries or extra add-ons, etc. What would be something fun and just for him? Oh, I have never met him (know about him through a friend) and don't know his interests at all. Thanks!

I think that it is great you want to give him some stuff. At that age a bike or scooter would be fun. Legos, action figures, soccer ball, models, art set, ( I am trying to think of things that do not require batteries) a magazine subscription for boys his age

If you wanted to get something with batteries you could also buy a charger and rechargeables so they would not have to be replaced as often. Radio control car, or gameboy would be fun at that age.

I 2nd Legos!. My DS is 10 and loves Legos. There are nice sets out where they can build different mystical creatures or animals. Star Wars and Bionicles are popular, too. Anything Star Wars - ship models, transformers and especially light sabers are big. Some light sabers do required batteries, but can be played with without. My 2 ds have spent hours in the backyard dueling with their light sabers! Magnetix are also on his list this year.

I should mention that we don't have a lot extra this year, as my husband is our sole income, is about to have 2 surgeries, and doesn't get sick time. I just wanted to get this boy something just for him. There are some good ideas here, though. I didn't know if 10 was too old for Legos or Bionicles, etc.

Any other ideas would still be appreciated, tho.

Pirate anything--like the new Life game that's pirate based, but her would need someone to play with....

I'd go with the legos. Or look at Micheal's (or whatever your local craft type store) see if they have KLUTZ books for kids--it's a craft kit/book. Lots of variety, and use the 40% off coupon to save money (usually in Sunday paper). Just be careful about "extras needed"--ie glue or something (you can open the books and there is a list in the first few pages, just to doulbe check).

I think are the Legos are the best!!!!!

I have found great legos in thrift stores. Maybe you could be him a set and in another tin or box find give him some 2nd hand ones ( after they are Lysoled)

Just a thought. That way he would have a bunch of them. And noone but you would know!!!

i think that you should make him a gift basket with a " theme " and in that basket, there should be a toy that's worth like atleast ten dollars, and fill the rest of the basket with candy ( chocolate, godiva) , little toys, snacks..you should find out what kind of food he likes..maybe make him a " snack " basket. :)hope i helped.

My 10-yr-old grandson was here this weekend - passed up all the expensive toys we had for him - played incessantly with his llegos. They're the tiny size for older kids. Can't go wrong with them, ever. Thank you for helping this child.

Kath:D

I have 3 boys, ages 8 1/2 and 11...they don't like regular legos, but LOVE Bionicles! Also, the light sabres are still cool. There is a coupon in the TRU thread (I think it's the online deals?)for a coupon that's only good this weekend for a scooter WITH helmet for $14.99, that would be good too.

Legos or Bionicles are good, my son of 12 still plays/displays them. Magnetix are also good. Scooter for outside are good and usally found on sale around the holidays. Gift Certificate to a local play area, we have a place called Planet X where there is arcade games to mini golf, to space balls, great for kids to play and run.

a plug and play controller for the tv would be good, yes it does take batteries 2 -4 aa s , but they come with several games, does not take add ons, so he could play by himself or with his freinds. there are several different ones from pac man, to older ateri games.