Portable DVD player, which one?

koalamom

OK, I just seen at Wal-Mart that they are offering a portable DVD for $49.87 but Sears and K-Mart are offering one for $69.99. I have heard of the brand that both K-Mart and Sears are offering but not the one at Wal-Mart. My question is which one would you go for?:confused:

On another thread some said they didn't like the one from Wal-Mart last year. We got one for my daughter and she uses it almost daily and we haven't had a problem with it. If you do get this one, I highly recommend the kilt they have to go with it also.

We bought one from WM, and I think I posted that on another thread. It worked alright, but it died last week. The screws that had worked loose were stripped out, and it could have only been manufactured that way. There were several posts on another thread, and it seemed that mine lasted the longest.

I also agree with luvwdw in buying the kit. We didn't get one, and couldn't find a car adaptor to fit it. We ended up having to buy a power convertor.

On another thread some said they didn't like the one from Wal-Mart last year. We got one for my daughter and she uses it almost daily and we haven't had a problem with it. If you do get this one, I highly recommend the kilt they have to go with it also.

I am with you....my 4 yr old uses hers every morning...we have had no compliants about it...well worth the money I paid last yr for it...with the money I saved on it fromt he surprise when we got there I got the kit and am sooo glad I got it.

I bought 2 last yr and so far they are both like new

OK, I just seen at Wal-Mart that they are offering a portable DVD for $49.87 but Sears and K-Mart are offering one for $69.99. I have heard of the brand that both K-Mart and Sears are offering but not the one at Wal-Mart. My question is which one would you go for?:confused:

I bought walmarts dvd player last year (venturer)and i LOVE it.its $49.99 but for $9.99 more you also get the carrying case which comes with a car charger.Mine has been through the mill and still works great.Even been dropped a few times.Picture is great and sound is loud.The walmart this year is well worth the money.For a 6.4 screen its hugh.Trust me...

I don't know anything about the ones being offered (haven't really paid attention to the ads), but I bought one on BF 2 years ago and it is still the BEST thing I've gotten in a LONG while! It's a Polaroid with a 7" screen. We've taken it in the car, on a plane, to dance practice, even use it when one kid wants to watch something and the others are gaming on the tv. NEVER had a problem with it, still works great...youngest is using it right now in fact. Easy to operate.

I don't know anything about the ones being offered (haven't really paid attention to the ads), but I bought one on BF 2 years ago and it is still the BEST thing I've gotten in a LONG while! It's a Polaroid with a 7" screen. We've taken it in the car, on a plane, to dance practice, even use it when one kid wants to watch something and the others are gaming on the tv. NEVER had a problem with it, still works great...youngest is using it right now in fact. Easy to operate.

I have one of each and each is equally as good as the other no problems with either

I noticed the one at Best buy also and that has the biggest screen so far. And the ad says it comes with the charger and such included. I think the one at Wal-Mart I would have to purchase that stuff seperately. But with the Best Buy one I would have to travel two hours to get it. I have a week to decide. This is so confusing!!!!

But thanks again for all replys!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I got the DVD player at ACE hardware. I did put two of the Wal-Mart ones in my cart as they opened at 5AM. Then my son waited there while I got in line at ACE. I was 7th in line and they had 50 players. But I was the first to get them as I was paying in cash and got to go to the head cashier. So I was in and out by 2 minutes after 7:00am. Then I radioed down to my son at Wal-Mart to put the other two back. SCORE!!!!!