emachines 189 computer package

johnmacd

Guest ladakn99

will the items come in seprate boxes and will the cashier ring them up as seprate items. therefore can i tell the cashier forget the monitor and the printer if they apply the rebates to the desktop

you know, like last year?

I am sooooo gonna be in line for this PC... 3.2 Ghz, 512 Mb pc3200 DDR ram, etc etc etc... yeah, I will swing some elbows for it

And exactly what would that accomplish? Either you will have a ticket for it or you won't. You get a ticket, you get a pc, no elbows needed. You don't arrive early enough to be close enough to the front to get a ticket and you won't get the pc. Simple.

Of course, if you wait around till noon, there may be a pc or two that weren't picked up by the ticket holder..........then you may have a rush for the remaining ones, but in my experience over the last decade and a half, the el cheapo doorbuster desktops always sell out.

will the items come in seprate boxes and will the cashier ring them up as seprate items. therefore can i tell the cashier forget the monitor and the printer if they apply the rebates to the desktop

you know, like last year?

We weren't computer shopping last year.... can you get the computer even cheaper if you skip some of the pieces?

Thanks,

Ginny

Yeah, last year people could take back the monitor to get their computer even cheaper.

Last year the monitor scanned at a higher price then the CPU to make the total cost of the package. My friend who works for BB said that they are marking down the monitor and upping the price on the CPU so people wont return the monitor.

And exactly what would that accomplish? Either you will have a ticket for it or you won't. You get a ticket, you get a pc, no elbows needed. You don't arrive early enough to be close enough to the front to get a ticket and you won't get the pc. Simple.

Of course, if you wait around till noon, there may be a pc or two that weren't picked up by the ticket holder..........then you may have a rush for the remaining ones, but in my experience over the last decade and a half, the el cheapo doorbuster desktops always sell out.

I sure hope the ticket scenerio pans out!

Seems like it would make more sense to mark the monitor down to $1 so noone would take the time to return it. Of course, this would just flood Ebays market for the item. Haha

I just figured I would sell my emachine ( 2.0 Ghz, 512 Mb RAM, with a Radeon 9800 Pro AGP, and a 5.1 Sound Blaster) with the flat screen monitor to someone for $200 so it equals nothing for the new pc. Haha Although I might yank the RAM for the new PC and just buy a 256 Mb chips for it instead. Not sure.

Although out dated, my PC still runs my video editing software, and games like Half Life 2, Doom 3, and Quake 4 so, along with a brand new 15' LCD, I am sure it is worth $200

ok if you get the ticket items do they have this stuff stored away or do you have to fight the shelf with the rest of them-----rookie

Welcome to the community! The ticketed items are behind the counters. In most BB the desktops are behind the Geek counter. They will tell you where to go when you get your ticket.

Ok so this migh be a repeat but here it goes. I went to the BB web site and looked at the flyer for firday and put in my zip code and looked at the flyer for my region, and it does not have the 189.00 emachines computer. So I got to checking arround in other zip codes and for another state next to mine they have it but not in my state they only have the 15.00 gift card for ever 100.00 spent. SO I remember this happened last year that some stores for BB were doing the gift card and others were doing the sales. WATCH out cuz you might not be in a area with the sales you are looking for ! GO AND CHECK IT OUT!

Ok so this migh be a repeat but here it goes. I went to the BB web site and looked at the flyer for firday and put in my zip code and looked at the flyer for my region, and it does not have the 189.00 emachines computer. So I got to checking arround in other zip codes and for another state next to mine they have it but not in my state they only have the 15.00 gift card for ever 100.00 spent. SO I remember this happened last year that some stores for BB were doing the gift card and others were doing the sales. WATCH out cuz you might not be in a area with the sales you are looking for ! GO AND CHECK IT OUT!

Might be a repeat? lol, you're pasting this everywhere :tongue1:

Can anyone tell me if this has the wireless internet adapter in the computer. ( I want to also buy a router for my kids so we can all be ont he internet at the same time)

HELP!!!

here's a link to a Belkin wireless router and one external USB wireless card for $10 AR at buy.com

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=56936

The USB adapter won't get quite as good a signal as an internal PCI wireless card, but that's a steal. If you want a second computer to onnect at the same time, you can either put that wireless router right next to the other compter and connect to it with a network cable, or you'll need a second wireless card.