How Long to Camp out in Stores to get what you want ?

Guest StockGangsta

Guest StockGangsta

How long does one have to camp outside the store before they open to get a item you really want ?

How long have you guys camped out in the past ?What Stores?

What are the most Crowded Stores to go to ?

I usually go to the superWM, that way I can stay inside. Ours isnt soo bad, I've gotten there around 4am, and got what I needed.

this year might be different, i may go to BB, and that will need to be an all nighter.

Just depends on the next couple big ads coming out.

BB is definately an all nighter..so go prepared! We took sleeping bags to sit on and cover up with last year..this year we're bringing our camping chairs cause we had some sore rears by morning! LOL sleeping bags to zip up in while sitting in the chairs, thermos of hot cocoa, eats, and our portable dvd player to keep us entertained until its time. people were really nice at letting everyone go put their stuff back in the cars and get back in line. we got there at 9pm last year.

In 2003 I was there at 4 am and was third in line.

In 2004 I was there at 2 am and was First in line.

In 2005 I was there at midnight and was about 10th in line.

See any trends?

yes, unfortunately the more and more this becomes popular and the more consumer driven we are getting the more time is getting added to waiting in line to be first. boohoo! ;P

also, what store are you talking about =)

of course time of camp out all depends on the stores most popular item and location. we should all try to graph it out, starting with a survey of all the forum posters here. that would be pretty cool.

Last year i stood outside with my little brother at the BB in Orem me and my wife had driven by there at like 6 pm and there were people out there Thanksgiving day at 3:00 pm and so My brother and I got in line at like 7 pm and we still did not get the doorbusters because jerks would set up tents and then call all their buddies or family like an hour before the store opened and they would come get in line. Then they were trying to sell them for way more than you would even pay for at doorbuster.

Our camping out experience has varied year to year. Last year at the BB closest to us, I got there at 12:30 am and was like 23rd or so in line. Year before hubby went and got there at 1am and was 2nd in line. It really is going to depend on how many people want the samething. I'm starting to think to go at like 12 am this year. Hopefully we won't be too far back in line at the stores we are going to go to. And for that.. it's too soon to tell. Gotta wait to see rest of ads.

Do you think it will be necessary to camp out at BB in order to pick up the 32" LCD HDTV for $479?

What is your definition of "camp out", what time?

Some people are lucky, get in line at 3AM and get everything they want.

2005 we got in line at BB around 11PM and there were already 40 people in line. So most of the door busters were already sold out. So we gave up and went to CC, same thing happened.