Toshiba 56" DLP Projection HDTV

donny2001

Hello,

Can someone give me info on this TV. Is it a good tv? I like the price and the size (Little bigger than I wanted but Ill take it).

Also I see it says Picture in Picture. Is this true or not? Also for HD is it 720 or 1080i?

Sorry I tried to do some research on it last night but I fell out of my chair, and couldnt find many reviews on it. The ones I did find said it was great.

Please help!

DON

The tv is 720p.... It's a very nice set if you can get it under 1,500...

If you're wanting to pay over that the only tv I'd buy is the Sony SXRD which is my favorite tv on the market...

I wouldn't ever judge a tv just by specs... Go in and check out the display... I work at Sears and I think the tv looks very nice...

Most of today's HD TV's support 1080i and 720p. I am sure this one does too. The native resolution though is probably 780p. DLP TV's are great but like any HD TV now adays I think the added protection of a service plan would be a good idea. DLP TV's have moving color wheels and some have complained of a rainbow affect but I wouldn't take that as a negative, just the nature of the technology. Plasmas risk burn in and LCD's can have dead pixels so all technology runs a risk. At least the DLP issues are serviceable.