Not impressed by Best Buy's BF sale << merged >>

Havic

yea, last year i wanted a laptop and now that i have one, there isn't really anything i want to get except for DVDs and the Nintendo DS lite. BB does have a ds on sale on bf but it only comes in one color.... :yuck: so debating whether to wait in line for something that isn't a door buster....

yea, last year i wanted a laptop and now that i have one, there isn't really anything i want to get except for DVDs and the Nintendo DS lite. BB does have a ds on sale on bf but it only comes in one color.... :yuck: so debating whether to wait in line for something that isn't a door buster....

the DS is regular, not the lite :)

What's the difference?

well from my understanding, the lite is smaller in size and lighter. It comes in three colors, pink, black onyx and white. There are other small difference, but that is the major difference. Now that i realize that it is the regular one for sale, i might stay home from bf this year....

The old DS is bulky, heavy, and has one brightness setting. If you can even call it "brightness".

The Lite comes with a bigger stylus, 4 brightness settings that are eye burning bright, longer battery life I believe, and it looks a hell of a lot nicer.

If you're buying the DS for a child then go for the old one. Its a workhorse. Its tough and can be beaten around a bit. The new DS is really for the 20something iPod generation. Its emphasis is style. Gameplay doesnt change at all.

BTW, I love my DS Lite. I carry it everywhere. Take out when someone is playing their lame PSP.

Hi! New poster, but love the site. Stumbled upon it AFTER bf last year! *ick*

Wanted to go to BB this year vs Walmart (one word - Trampled), since last time I got a camera at Best Buy for $300 (2 yrs ago). Want a new one or a new DVD based video camera. Also looking at HDTV.

Really not impressed with BB this year. Computer deals look good, but I've got three PCs already. One's giving me fits, so might look at that.

Question on BB BF -- orders for big items. I go by myself. Will they carry the stuff out for you in that mess, or do they have you come back later? TIA.

Hi! New poster, but love the site. Stumbled upon it AFTER bf last year! *ick*

Wanted to go to BB this year vs Walmart (one word - Trampled), since last time I got a camera at Best Buy for $300 (2 yrs ago). Want a new one or a new DVD based video camera. Also looking at HDTV.

Really not impressed with BB this year. Computer deals look good, but I've got three PCs already. One's giving me fits, so might look at that.

Question on BB BF -- orders for big items. I go by myself. Will they carry the stuff out for you in that mess, or do they have you come back later? TIA.

usually they have people to help you out, just might have to wait while others will need the same help.

usually they have people to help you out, just might have to wait while others will need the same help.

That's fine. Actually, since I live about 2 minutes away, I would have no problem going home and coming back later in the day with my husband once he wakes UP TO HELP ME!! :cheesy:

I have been going to BB on BF for at least 5-6 straight years now but not this year. Nothing in there for me. If they think people are going to flock for a generic brand TV I got news for them.

Hopefully Circuit City will have something better.

Big disappointment with BB.

I'm guessing that if you've hit BB for the last 5-6 years on BF, then you've probably got so many tvs, computers, electronics, etc... that they would have to expand their product line to find something you don't have :P:yup::cheesy:

The main thing I was hoping for was sets of "X-Files" or "24" on sale. But Best Buy had 24 on sale last year for $19.99, but I wasn't hooked on the show then. Still holding out hope that SOME retailer will markdown sets of "24" so I don't have to shell out the $40+ per season. Damn. Other shows I was hoping for: The Wire, Oz, Carnivale, Deadwood, House. Damn damn damn!

I was also hoping for a great deal on "24" season 4 as BB has done in previous years. I was curious if the special TV DVD sets at $14.99 could apply to 24, but I am doubtful that this is the case. I remember getting seasons 2 and 3 last year for $19.99 and the year before I got season 1 for $12.99! Incredible deals. I hope someone puts out a great sale on season 4 this BF.

I have never gone to Best Buy and I am sure the "select video games" they have will be the ones that no one wants, like that one episode of Simpsons when Bart wants Bonestorm, but Marge gets him the putting challenge game instead........

I do wonder what they'll have for the TV Sets. Probably Simpsons for sure.

So, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what they think of the portable DVD player for $69.99. We want to get one for my brother for Christmas and this one seems pretty cool, but i think i saw on here, someone said this wasnt really a good deal. I had kind of thought it was, so if anyone knows anything about it and if its worth it can you please share?

So, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what they think of the portable DVD player for $69.99. We want to get one for my brother for Christmas and this one seems pretty cool, but i think i saw on here, someone said this wasnt really a good deal. I had kind of thought it was, so if anyone knows anything about it and if its worth it can you please share?

Same question here. Or should i buy one of the 99.00 one's. Any reviews on this model?

What's the difference?

only 1 big difference that you'll notice. the lite has way better battery life than the regular DS... all these talk about looks, i won't care. i do however care that the battery life are much better on the lite. do some research on the nintendo DS forums, people are literally throwing away their old DS for the lite version :) i wouldn't buy it when it's like 20 bucks less than the lite version.

I didn't notice, but did BB have DVD+R discs on sale? I always buy a 50 or 100 pack every BF from somewhere. I notice Office Max will have a 50 pack for $7.99 but wasn't sure if BB would have any at a better price

Looks like just Dynex DVD-R. 100 for $4.99. Limit 2 per customer. Min 75 per store.

Hey i did see that external drive for 40.00 after rebate. Not bad at all. Well Staples just made my day. 200gig harddrive for 20.00 after rebate. Last year i bought the same there for 30.00 after rebate. I quess Bestbuy is hoping that people aren't aware of other deals. I bet they are hoping that people will not notice that some of these "deals" aren't deals at all.

I don't know I think BB has some pretty good deals this year the desktop for $189.00 and the TV are better priced there then anywhere else. If you know where else I can get the desktop & 32" LCD HD for the same prices please let me know so I can go and maybe wait in a nice warm place instead of outside at BB.

I don't know I think BB has some pretty good deals this year the desktop for $189.00 and the TV are better priced there then anywhere else. If you know where else I can get the desktop & 32" LCD HD for the same prices please let me know so I can go and maybe wait in a nice warm place instead of outside at BB.

It's not that BB's prices are not as good as other places, and for some things they have the best price going on BF, but I didn't see anything in their add that makes me really want to go stand out in the cold to get it. Average deals at best, nothing much better than you can get during the year if you keep an eye on the various hot deals forums.