JVC Hard Drive Camcorder $499

ean1879

Looking at the ad:

http://www.officialblackfriday.com/aditempics/bestbuy/1862.jpg

It does say "SAVE $120 INSTANTLY" but I can't make out what it says under the $499.99. It's possible that it says "Before Instant Savings" and the actual price is $379.99.

JVC might not allow them to advertise it below the $499 (this has happened with previous BF ads for various manufacturers).

So until we get a cleaner copy of the ad, it might be $499, or it might be $379 :)

We bought one of these and really like it. It was new on the market, but we really liked that we didn't have to buy anything to store the video on. It just made sense for our busy lives. I can't remember what we paid. It seems like there was a sale and coupon involved, so at the time it seemed like a good deal. This price looks great!

Talked to my neice's boyfriend this evening...he's a manager at Best Buy. He said the price on the JVC Hard Drive camcorder will be 379.00 after the instant savings. Also told me that there will be more black friday doorbusters than what "that ad that you got" shows. He said "It's not the final ad". He wouldn't say anymore than that. Told him he couldn't marry my neice if he didn't spill it but he didn't bite...LOL!!!

Oh well, this is the camcorder hubby wants for our scuba diving trips so looks like I'll be headed to Best Buy for it.

Oh, this item says that it will be available for the Friday AND Saturday sale. Is there any reason I need to be in the crazy line for this? Can I just go later in the day on Friday?

Michelle

Consumer reports gave that camcorder pretty crappy reviews. I'm tossed between the Sony Handycam at BB or going for the high end one at CC and knocking off $200 with the vonage thing

Mara

Hmmm, I was wondering about the quality as well. Is this because it's a hard drive cam or because of this particular model only? Is the Sony a hard drive model as well? Thanks in advance for any tips.

Hmmm, I was wondering about the quality as well. Is this because it's a hard drive cam or because of this particular model only? Is the Sony a hard drive model as well? Thanks in advance for any tips.

Sony is a DVD it tapes to mini dvds. I asked my dad and he said one issue to watch out for with the hard drives is a HD doesn't like being bumped plus when it goes you lose all the video on it. I did notice the HD ones didn't fair well in the ratings over all

Mara