Samsung 18X DVD Burner $29.99 with free shipping from NewEgg

Scott

This highly rated burner is on sale today only (11/07/2006) with free shipping from NewEgg

SAMSUNG Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache E-IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner - OEM

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/ProductImageCompressAll200/27-151-133-02.jpg

It comes with Nero OEM software so it has everything you need to get started burning DVDs.

Dmmiller -- yes, that will work in your Dell. With the exception of using a Dell power supply in a Dell computer tower, I think someone at Dell was feeding you a line.

That Samsung has mixed reviews on Newegg.com. It might be worth another $5 to get a different brand that Newegg offers.

I just installed the Lightscribe version of that and have been pleased with it. They are quiet and fast and for the 20 DVDs that I had to do it worked flawlessly. It's only been in use for about a week, so it's too soon to tell if it's going to last, but for $30 including software, that's a good deal.