Letters From Santa

elena_398

I've noticed that on ebay the letters from santa auctions are getting to be in full swing. Isn't this a tad early? I usually buy one every year, but it seems everyone advertises for them lately. Is there a program I can buy that I can write one up myself and have it sent? Seems silly to pay $5 or more plus pay for shipping every year. Does anyone else buy on ebay the letters from Santa to their kids? Looking for anyway to save a bit this year.

I've noticed that on ebay the letters from santa auctions are getting to be in full swing. Isn't this a tad early? I usually buy one every year, but it seems everyone advertises for them lately. Is there a program I can buy that I can write one up myself and have it sent?

If your kids are small enough, why not go ahead and write up and mail your own "letter from Santa"? I found online sites last year that let you "preview" the letters you could order from them, so I would just use the same or similar wording that they did, print it in one of those fonts that looks like handwriting, and mail it to your address from your local post office (with a picture of Santa or the "North Pole" as the return address)!

If your kids are old enough to read/recognize postmarks, there are a couple other options I would try:

1) Email your typed letter to an out of state friend and ask them to mail it for you. You could even make a note in the letter that you (Santa) were visiting the other state and decided to answer the child's letter while you were there! :)

2) I haven't looked this up lately to know all the details of how to do this, but... there are different towns across the country with "Christmasy" names to them. You can mail your stamped, addressed letter to them (inside another envelope, of course), with a note of some kind asking them to postmark and mail the letter for you.

HTH... My great-neices are the perfect ages to enjoy these now (5 1/2 and 2 1/2), so I think I'll try it this year too! Have fun!! :D

For my kids, I bought a wooden box at a craft store and painted it for christmas and put 'Santa's Mail Box' on it and my kids put their letters and wish lists in that then we set it outside. When they go to sleep I get the letter and about a week or so later I reply to them from santa. I tell my kids that the post office can't get to the north pole this time of year because of everyone sending presents and cards to loved ones so Santa's elves fly around at night picking up and dropping off letters. This had worked great for our family and saves the postage.

2) I haven't looked this up lately to know all the details of how to do this, but... there are different towns across the country with "Christmasy" names to them. You can mail your stamped, addressed letter to them (inside another envelope, of course), with a note of some kind asking them to postmark and mail the letter for you.

I think there's a Santa Claus IN or IL and they used to have a special postmark stamp that they use during the holiday season. Always thought about doing this for my DS's but never got around to it.

Forgot to add these.

ADDRESS FOR THE NORTH POLE

http://www.northpolar.com/

THE NORTH POLE POST OFFICE

http://www.homeschooled-kids.com/northpolepostoffice.html

SANTA CLAUS POST OFFICE

http://www.claus.com/postoffice/index.php

SANTA CLAUS POST OFFICE, INDIANA

http://www.legendaryplaces.org/attractions/postoffice.cfm

NORAD Santa Tracker @ Northpole.com

http://www.northpole.com/NoradSanta.asp

I make my own letters to my kids and my nieces and nephews and a couple of friends and make it specific to each child. The kids all love getting them. You can buy computer paper and special christmas envelopes and a Walgreens, office max or pretty much anywhere. It's fun doing them. I also print the envelopes with their name on it and make return address labels from Santa Clause, North Pole. The post office delivers them. I also make up magic reindeer food and put in a snack size baggie and include in the note to the kids to be sure to sprinkle on your lawn on Christmas Eve to help guide the reindeer to their house. It's funny to see the kids sprinkling this on the lawn at 11pm or whatever time we get home from a family function. The reindeer food is oatmeal and glitter. The oats are for the reindeer of course and the glitter glistens in the snow.

I make my own letters to my kids and my nieces and nephews and a couple of friends and make it specific to each child. The kids all love getting them. You can buy computer paper and special christmas envelopes and a Walgreens, office max or pretty much anywhere. It's fun doing them. I also print the envelopes with their name on it and make return address labels from Santa Clause, North Pole. The post office delivers them. I also make up magic reindeer foot and put in a snack size baggie and include in the note to the kids to be sure to sprinkle on your lawn on Christmas Eve to help guide the reindeer to their house. It's funny to see the kids sprinkling this on the lawn at 11pm or whatever time we get home from a family function. The reindeer food is oatmeal and glitter. The oats are for the reindeer of course and the glitter glistens in the snow.

Oh I love the Oatmeal and glitter idea! How cute. :P At first I read the "magic reindeer FOOT" and though WTHeck is that :confused: then I kept reading I had to laugh! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

For my kids, I bought a wooden box at a craft store and painted it for christmas and put 'Santa's Mail Box' on it and my kids put their letters and wish lists in that then we set it outside. When they go to sleep I get the letter and about a week or so later I reply to them from santa. I tell my kids that the post office can't get to the north pole this time of year because of everyone sending presents and cards to loved ones so Santa's elves fly around at night picking up and dropping off letters. This had worked great for our family and saves the postage.

I love this idea. i think I might have to do this since we haven't sent our letters out yet.