Help me make up my mind.

My mom and dad have sent money for me to do their Christmas shopping for them. Mom wants DD 3 to get a doll. DD has seen and asked for the Fisher Price Toddler doll. I am not sure that this is the doll I should get. (Though for the first time she told me I want to get that doll that talks for Christmas) She has not even mentioned Christmas before, though she has mentioned the doll. Personally I like the Rock a bye Chou Chou. I think it would be a better doll for DD. What would you do? Get her the one she asked for, or the other doll. Price wise they are within 5.00 of each other. :confused: I am so confused!! In another thread I made up my mind only to change it again today! I need serious help!

This is a tough one, my wife wanted to get an Amazing Amanda last year for my daughter, we went back and forth on it. Amazing Amanda had flooded the market with TV commercials and my daughter kept asking for it (of course). After doing some reviewing and seeing opinions of "Amazing A" we decided to look else where and settled on Baby Annabel. Amazing Amanda was blasted on every other site with voice recognition issues.

We have never used or seen Amazing Amanda but, since my daughter got Annabel we have never heard her ask for the other doll again...

My suggestion is to see which doll got a better "parent response" for the child, the last thing you want to see 2 days after Christmas is a Doll STILL sitting under the tree...

my dd is now 5 and she understands about christmas now so now we can't do this but we got away with it up till now, we would take her to a store like toys are us and see what she would go for and the stuff she would play with in the cart is the stuff she got if it didn't hold her attention for long it got put back. most of the time those were the toys she played with most at home. so you can try taking her to the store and see which one she likes the most ( be ready you may have to buy her something small just to hold her over till christmas) but thats what we used to do. lol now my dd wants everything she see's boys or girls toys doesn't matter what it is. it's just a constant "i want that" lol this year will be easier. good luck.

my dd is now 5 and she understands about christmas now so now we can't do this but we got away with it up till now, we would take her to a store like toys are us and see what she would go for and the stuff she would play with in the cart is the stuff she got if it didn't hold her attention for long it got put back. most of the time those were the toys she played with most at home. so you can try taking her to the store and see which one she likes the most ( be ready you may have to buy her something small just to hold her over till christmas) but thats what we used to do. lol now my dd wants everything she see's boys or girls toys doesn't matter what it is. it's just a constant "i want that" lol this year will be easier. good luck.

I took DD to Toys R Us and told her she could pretend shop. She could show me any toy she like but I would decide if it could fit in the cart. She loved it, and your right she made some weird choices. However, one of the first areas we went to was dolls. she immediately picked up the FP My Little Mommy Toddler doll and asked me if it would fit in the cart. An older DS and his girlfriend help to distract her so I bought the doll and some of her other choices. (the Dora doll on special, lincoln logs and play-doh and a play center that goes with the doll)