Possible BF WM Laptop!!!!

dbolin

A friend of mine was in line on the 5th to get one of the $398 laptops and he got one but one of the ladies in the back of the line did not and was upset. He overheard the Manager tell her that they would have more of the same laptops on BF for $298!!!!! He said he did not know how many they would have though. I took this as code for you may get one after the workers horde up their share. Anyway, if this is true, there will surely be a crowd and hopefully some more great deals. :smirk::yup::cheesy:

Guest JeepMom
That would be cool for those that didn't get one this time. I got one and will be frustrated if they go down $100 in price. I'm happy with though for $400. The only other thing I would want to go with it would be a portable printer.

since i missed out on the $398 laptop, im going to have to talk to the manager here. i talked to one of the csms an she said to talk to him because he knows everything that is coming out and if this laptop is goin on sale for $298 on BF ima be infront of my walmart at like 3 am..lol

since i missed out on the $398 laptop, im going to have to talk to the manager here. i talked to one of the csms an she said to talk to him because he knows everything that is coming out and if this laptop is goin on sale for $298 on BF ima be infront of my walmart at like 3 am..lol

if you actually want to get one the odds are you'll have to be in line much earlier. i know at ours the line for a computer is like 100 or so by 3 am.

The electronics manager here said IF they have the exact same one on BF, you can bring the receipt back and get the difference (30 days).

BUT...She said it will NOT be the same laptop...here's why I think it won't.

It took compaq roughly 3 months to make those laptops for Nov. 5th sale for every WM in the US. There is no possible way they can make soooooo many more and have them shipped by the 25th.

But what if they made all they needed to make throughout the year and did not put all they had out? What if they only put out 40-50 per store, but actually had 80-100 made? I think it is possible for it to be that same one, but I don't think it will be. Something ( maybe a smaller hard drive or memory) will be different. Walmart wants to have the best deal but they also want to make money. When customers see a $298 laptop, they may not pay much attention to specs just price.

I honestly don't believe they wil let this go for $298:

Hardware

Product Name V5305WM

US Product Number RG324UA#ABA

Microprocessor 2.00 GHz Mobile AMD Sempron™ Processor 3300+

Microprocessor Cache 128KB L2 Cache

Memory 512MB 333MHz DDR

Memory Max 2048MB

Video Graphics ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M IGP

Video Memory 128MB DDR (shared)

Hard Drive 60GB 5400RPM

Multimedia Drive 24X DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive

Display 15.4” WXGA High-Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800) Display

Fax/Modem High speed 56k modem

Network Card Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)

Wireless Connectivity 54g™ 802.11b/g WLAN with 125HSM / SpeedBooster support

Sound Altec Lansing

Keyboard 101-key compatible

Pointing Device Touch Pad with dedicated vertical and horizontal Scroll Up/Down pad

PC Card Slots 1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)

External Ports 2 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0

1 headphone-out

1 microphone-in

1 VGA (15-pin)

1 TV-Out (S-video)

1 RJ-11 (modem)

1 RJ -45 (LAN)

1 notebook expansion port 2

1 Consumer IR

Dimensions 10.2"(L) x 14.1"(W) x 1.38"(min H) /1.77"(max H)

Weight 6.4 lbs

Security Kensington® MicroSaver lock slot

Power-on password

Accepts 3rd party security lock devices

Power 65W AC adapter

6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery

Software

Operating System:

Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition

Microsoft® Windows® Vista Capable*

Security and Support:

Symantec™ Norton Internet Security 2006™ (including 60 days complimentary live update)

HP Total Care Help & Support Center

Wireless Home Network

PC Recovery (Softthinks Restore Solution)

Multimedia:

Sonic Digital Media Plus

Adobe™ Acrobat Reader

HP Games Powered by WildTanget

AOL Music

RealRhapsody

Muvee AutoProducer DVD Edition with Burning

Microsoft® Windows Media Player

HP PhotoSmart Premier

Vongo

Productivity and Finance:

Microsoft® Works

Microsoft® Money

Microsoft® MSN Encarta Plus

Microsoft® Office Activation Wizard

Microsoft® Office 2003 Student and Teacher Edition: 60 day trial version

Internet Solutions:

Microsoft® Internet Explorer

AOL® Dial-Up

Service and Support

Warranty and Support

1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty Toll Free Support (NA)

1-Year Free Hardware Technical Support

30-Days Free Software Support (Free 90-Day Software Support with Product Registration)

Miscellaneous

*Microsoft® Windows® Vista Capable:

Buying a new PC that is Microsoft Windows Vista™ Capable enables you to upgrade to the next version of Microsoft® Windows®—and the future of computing.

But who knows.....:gdclown:

I opened mine, but there was no coupon for an upgrade to vista even though the unit is vista upgradeable. I was EXTREMELY UPSET to find that after I stood in line for hours that the laptops in Wisconsin were $538 and not $398. I don't understand how a product can be $398 in 49 states and $538 in another. I think that is crazy.

noone at store level this year knows what we will be getting for black friday walmart put a hold on it this year so we wont get the merchandise in until two days beforer thanksgiving. i work at walmart in management and talked to many upper ditrict regional management types today and they could dont even know what i am getting yet so anyone who says anything now is pure speculation.

I opened mine, but there was no coupon for an upgrade to vista even though the unit is vista upgradeable. I was EXTREMELY UPSET to find that after I stood in line for hours that the laptops in Wisconsin were $538 and not $398. I don't understand how a product can be $398 in 49 states and $538 in another. I think that is crazy.

http://www.nfib.com/object/IO_26775.html

1939, Wisconsin Unfair Sales Act.....supposed to ensure a competitive marketplace.

It is mainly used for gas pricing today, to keep independently owned stations competitive with corporate gas stations.

All it is doing in retail is screwing you and everybody else in wisconsin, and driving people to spend their money in other states.

Mom and pop stores can't themselves get a laptop from Compaq, HP. etc... Let alone sell one within $400 of the price WM can and still turn a profit.

Write your congressman and governor let him know how you feel :)

The DM for our store has seen the ad, about 3 weeks ago at a meeting in Bentonville, he isn't leaking anything though :(

I thought that any computer that came with either Xp Pro or Media Center was going to be able to get a free upgrade to Vista? And there's nothing that comes with it about upgrading? Bummer. I put mine on layaway. So I haven't had a chance to look at it. I was tempted to buy it outright. But I'm getting it for my wife and have been putting money aside. I figured I'd get one on BF until I saw that one on sale. So I didn't have enough money without taking more out of the bank and possibly raising my wife's suspicions! LOL!

I'm not sure. Maybe mcmc who posted earlier would know.

I was wondering the same thing. I guess you can get the price changed but it has to be within a week of pruchasing the item. Least wise that is what someone who use to be a csm told me yesterday.

ihateshopping many thanks for the Vista Upgrade link. I bought the laptop for 398 on Sunday thinking i'd just have XP forever but this is amazing, Now I can have Vista Premium. Without your post I would have been on XP for a couple more years :eyepoppin

The GottaDeal forums just keep making my holiday gifts to myself better and better.