Did everyone get what they wanted on sale today?? (11/5/06)

ckmommy

Nope, I wasn't going to go out at midnight last night to jump through Wal-Mart's hoop. I'll be in line for Black Friday so I didn't want another line experience just for these sales. Stuff that was offered today has been sales like it through the year.

Oh, had to add.... they were so disorganized at my store! Earlier in the day I had called to see if the items would go on sale at 12:01...or 7am.....or what?! I talked to 3 people (who didn't know) in CS before they finally asked the store manager. So I was at Wal-Mart at 11:30. I talked to someone in the toy/bike dept - they couldn't find the boy's bike in the back! Finally, after much searching, it was found. Whew!!!

Wow - i can't believe you guys had sucha hard time - our wal mart had plenty of everything - and still does. I wonder if it's just location specific. I don't have problems with wal mart selling out early either. They usually have everything (even blitz items) untill 10am on BF. Anyone one know why certian stores get more than others?

my walmart is closing tomorrow and a new one is opening on Wednesday, so I had to drive to another town to try and get what I wanted. Got the scooters, they only had about 10 left when I go there. Also was trying to get the leapster bonus pack, but was informed they did not have it on the floor yet and that it must be somewhere in the back, but I could come back another day and see they have it out yet. How nice is that. NOT! Anyhow I am so hoping on Wednesday the new walmart will have all the sale items. We shall see.

okay so today we went looking for the MP3 player that was on sale (they sold the last one minutes b4 we got there) and looking for a ps2 no go there too..

Mom ended up getting the 1g creative zen v. and ordered the ps2 w/ free shipping from amazon

I went yesterday and noticed they still had some of the DVD/VCR players. I didn't have enough to get 2 like I wanted, so on a whim I went to the layaway department and they are still accepting layaways until 11/19 that have to be out by 12/6. Yay!! :multi: So, I got those, a couple of hot wheels radar guns that were listed in the ad at $30 and were marked in the store for $20 and put it all in layaway. I really wish they weren't doing away with it. :(

I got the Creative Muvo 1 GB mp3 player for my daughter. They didn't even have it advertised back in electronics. The only reason I knew about it is I seen the ad here.

Two friends of mine also got them. I am downloading some audiobooks on one of them right now. The only thing I don't really like about them is they don't come with a plastic case or armband like hubby's came with a few months ago. But like hubby said, for the price he was ok with it. And I'm sure my daughter won't care too much either just as long as I finally got her one. She's been complaining that hubby and I have one and she doesn't. lol.

Actually I was in the store Saturday evening and noticed they had put a bunch of items on the top of shelves. Just glancing around I spotted the scooters, so I got a clerk to help me get 2 down and went over to a price checker and they were the sale price! Starting looking around and found all but 1 item that I was looking for and they all came up with the next days sale price. (all toys)

Last year on Thanksgiving we were in the store looking for something else, when we spotted the trampoline that was supposed to be a BF special. There was only one left! They had already been selling the BF specials early. I don't know if they all do this, but it doesn't hurt to look the day before.

I Work for a Wal*Mart In PA, and we passed tickets out for our laptops at 11:00pm although you still could not buy the laptop till 12:01 but the laptops were gone in less than 2 min. we had gotten 30 of them.....Our store never got any T.M.X.'s......and at 12:00 we had 68 people in line...althought we kept telling people we only had 30 it seemed none of them believed us, because they just kept standing there...Happy BF Shopping Everyone!