GONE! Pre-order PS3 at BestBuy.com $599 + $10 s/h

RossMAN

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8008489&type=product&id=1156202764702

Sony PlayStation 3 60GB System

Your world just got smaller. Embark on an adventure to discover the fascinating world of next-generation gaming — a world where your imagination and reality collide in vivid realism. Stretch beyond the confines of your normal life and into an alternate reality so lifelike you'll feel as though you can reach out and touch it. Imagine living out your wildest sports fantasies by competing against the greatest professional athletes of all time who are brought to life in such extraordinary detail you can count the beads of sweat rolling off their foreheads. Or, step back in time and parachute into some of the most famous battles in history as you fight through breathtaking landscapes and tumultuous battlegrounds that will make your heart beat out of your chest. No matter where your path to excitement leads you, the PlayStation 3 will make your destination come alive.

It all begins with Blu-ray, a next-generation media format that boasts more than five times the storage capacity of traditional DVDs. More storage capacity means a larger canvas to create high-definition, 1080p graphics and a level of interaction never before seen in video gaming. At the heart of the PlayStation 3 is the Cell Broadband Engine. Developed by engineers from Sony, SCEI, IBM and Toshiba, this advanced, state-of-the-art microprocessor features eight Synergistic Processor Units to balance processor workload, making it significantly more powerful than traditional single-core processors. The innovative PlayStation 3 wireless controllers use a multi-axis motion sensing system, allowing you to use your controller as a natural extension of your body with real-time precision. Let your PSP join in the fun — it can be used as a remote or even as a rear-view mirror with select PlayStation 3 racing titles. On top of all of these awesome technologies, the PlayStation 3 60GB System also features an HDMI connection for high-definition audio and video, Memory Stick, Secure Digital and CompactFlash media card slots, Wi-Fi connectivity for wireless Internet access and a whopping 60GB hard drive. PlayStation 3 is more than a gaming console — it's an experience.

Product Features:

• 60GB internal hard drive provides exceptional storage space for game saves, media and more
  • Cell Broadband Engine state-of-the-art microprocessor is more powerful and efficient than standard single-core processors, delivering breakthroughs in fidelity and believability
  • Blu-ray media stores up to five times more data than DVDs, providing a larger canvas for unbelievable graphics and unprecedented interaction; Blu-ray drive also plays Blu-ray movies for a high-definition experience with your favorite films
  • Multi-axis motion sensing system immerses you in a realistic gaming experience by making the wireless controller an extension of your body, all in real time with high precision
  • HDMI connection allows high-definition audio and video transfer through one cable
  • Dolby 5.1 DTS surround sound envelops you in awesome audio for an incredible gaming or movie experience
  • Plays your old PlayStation 2 and PlayStation games, DVDs and CDs, so you can merge all of your entertainment into one machine
  • Memory Stick, Secure Digital and CompactFlash media card slots provide a variety of storage options
  • Wi-Fi connectivity and Bluetooth technology allow you to connect your console to the Internet wirelessly
  • Log online and battle your friends in numerous PlayStation 3 games, or download a variety of content through the system's Internet capabilities

You still get a ghost on your charge card. It's there but not if you know what i meen.

BTW I think the technical term for ghost charge is authorization.

The two biggest unknowns are:

1) Will our orders get cancelled or will they ship?

2) When will they ship?

April,

Any news yet?

I'm also on hold with BestBuy (was able to get one of those pre-orders) to see if this guarantees us one of the 400,000. I've been on hold over 25 minutes and after like 15 mins of hold music, it's now just dead air.

Keep us posted if you find anything out! I'll do the same!

April,

Any news yet?

I'm also on hold with BestBuy (was able to get one of those pre-orders) to see if this guarantees us one of the 400,000. I've been on hold over 25 minutes and after like 15 mins of hold music, it's now just dead air.

Keep us posted if you find anything out! I'll do the same!

I'm sure they easily had 300,000+ pre-orders and there is NO WAY they'll fulfil them all.

just for you PSP3 gamer's info.. I was just at Cnn.com looking at the link that Brad put on here.. at the bottom of that page there is another link talking about the 2 new game systems that are coming out. According to them, BB is opening up some of their locations at 12 midnight the day before for the sale of PSP3. Here's what I copied from the article for those of you that may want to read it. The link to that particular page is here where you can read the whole thing.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/11/08/news/companies/sonynintendo_launch/index.htm?postversion=2006110814

No pain, no gain

Best Best, the No. 1 electronics retailer, will open its stores earlier than usual at 8:00 a.m. for the PS3 launch.

Jill Hamburger, Best Buy's vice president of gaming, wouldn't say how many PS3 units will be available per store but told CNNMoney.com that the retailer was "hoping for more units and additional shipments throughout the holidays."

Consumers cannot pre-order PS3 or Wii at bestbuy.com.

However, Best Buy is holding midnight openings at about 18 stores locations nationwide for PS3, including in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Minneapolis.

She explained that these stores will use a "ticket" system. Given the limited quantity, the first few customers in line are more likely to get a ticket to purchase a PS3.

"We've found that the ticket system is the best way to manage customer demand for a limited quantity products," she said.

For Nintendo's launch, Best Buy stores will open at 9:00 a.m. and the company hasn't scheduled any midnight openings.