GONE! Pre-order PS3 at BestBuy.com $599 - Update 11/6: $10 GCs being sent

RossMAN

I was in a Best Buy store the other day and the salesguy said they were NOT preordering any systems this year. Not sure if that means anything online or not.

I never believe anything any employee states. You could walk around the store and talk to 5 different employees and get 5 different answers. :yup:

Dear Best Buy Customer,

Thank you for your recent visit to BestBuy.com. Unfortunately, your pre-order for the PlayStation 3 gaming system will be cancelled. Our system was not intended to take pre-orders on the PlayStation 3 gaming system. BestBuy.com will not be taking pre-orders for this item. Your pre-order will be cancelled and you will not be charged. If you used a Gift Card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we will send you a replacement. If you have any questions concerning our policies, please review the "Conditions of Use" which are found at www.BestBuy.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Because you are a valued customer, we would like to offer you a $10 Digital Coupon* toward a future purchase at www.BestBuy.com. Your coupon code is:

Better than nothing I guess.

I figured they would have been nice enough to honor the first couple hundred or so orders, and gave a coupon to the orders they were unable to fulfill.

I had my hopes up on this deal. Still debating if I am going to camp out to get in on the PS3...

The $10 coupon is insulting. I'll write a letter over to a couple local news stations and hope they give BB some well deserved bad publicity.

No he didn't....that is HIS (or whoever post it was) code. If he puts it up there, then anyone can use it! It is one time use.

- Whoa, nothing gets by you, eh?

Hey Guys,

I was really bummed when i got the email, cause I was really looking forward to getting the PS3 ... i even pre-ordered several games.

Since they are not doing pre-orders, does that mean that they will have them in stock on the 17 ? How early do you guys think i should get to the BB store inorder to get one for my son.

THANKS ,

Jeff