How did you feel about people staring at you when you wait in line for BF?

chriskimber

Well this will be my first Bf this year and i plan to be in line on thanksgiving day (maybe walmart or somewhere else) but the thing is I feel a little funny about other people look at me and laugh at what i am doing. I don't know if any of you have that feeling with your first BF. Do you know what i mean?

There are all kinds of ppl last year was my first and we had a truck drive by and they yelled "They don't open until 10:00". I think what it was is that they wanted to be first and when they came around at 2:00a.m. and saw all the ppl (about 100) they got upset.

Haven't had anyone stare at me on BF. Did have a lot of people ask us why we were camping out in front of Toys "R" Us the other week. Got tired of replying "PS3" so we started saying "Elmo." I think next time I'll start making random stuff up.

"I just like standing in lines."

"I saw this long line, figured there must be some kind of sale."

"They're giving away free (insert hot product here appropriate to store, i.e. a laptop if you're at Best Buy) to the first 100 customers!"

"This is a line? I wondered where all the other homeless people came from...."

Haven't had anyone stare at me on BF. Did have a lot of people ask us why we were camping out in front of Toys "R" Us the other week. Got tired of replying "PS3" so we started saying "Elmo." I think next time I'll start making random stuff up.

"I just like standing in lines."

"I saw this long line, figured there must be some kind of sale."

"They're giving away free (insert hot product here appropriate to store, i.e. a laptop if you're at Best Buy) to the first 100 customers!"

"This is a line? I wondered where all the other homeless people came from...."

:sidesplit:lmao: :lmao: :gdfunnypost: I like reason #3 and #4. :lmao:

I have much better things to worry about than whether or not someone is staring at me for standing out in front of a store. If they're starting they're just curious. If they're curious they'll ask and then you answer. Simple as that. If they laugh at you, who cares.

Well this will be my first Bf this year and i plan to be in line on thanksgiving day (maybe walmart or somewhere else) but the thing is I feel a little funny about other people look at me and laugh at what i am doing. I don't know if any of you have that feeling with your first BF. Do you know what i mean?

Our WM Supercenter is open all night, but we typically don't get there until about 3:00 am. We still have time to wander around and look at the pallets to get the layout and decide what will be the hottest items. And we're always at the front of each line. This town has a pop of about 15,000, but they are the only Walmart for 30 miles no matter which way you go.

I just can't see standing in line on TG at WM... maybe it's worse in bigger cities!

there is a place i get movie tickets and we stand in line ...one time while we waited for the place to open and give them out a news crew even pulled up.

however i never minded someone staring at me till this year...now my self concious thinks they are staring for a different reason.. and chances are that they are!

Like was said before, anyone out at midnight on Thanksgiving Day night as it fades into BF, is probably out checking out the lines. Now, 8PM on Thanksgiving and you'll have an entirely different set of people.....most are just curious, some are rude and crude but you learn to just smile and/or ignore those. They're the ones who on BF will be re-reading the BF ads and wishing they'd been there to score the deals!!!

I get stares all the time, But I think its funny, I have this thing when I grocery shop, I only shop twice a month and hate two carts so I try very hard as my kids cringe to get everything in one cart. People make comments all the time, I chuckle and walk by, I loved the people who ask who I am buying for and I say Me now mind you I am a little thing, Or my sons will be with me and the little guy is very little and I say oh this is all for him we have to force feed him.

My kids and hubby hate to go to the grocery store, But It doesnt bother me because I know we will eat for awhile and I could skip going on the third week if I needed too.

Guest Daisy Duke

People be staring? :shock:

So what time do the major stores like Wal-Mart and Best Buy usually open. I never thought I would have to camp out. I knew I would have to get up early and be there early, but never thought of camping out.

I just smile a real big teeth-showing smile, and wave real big. I might even shout " Hi, ya'll!!" When I am walking out with my new laptop, I might even show it to em. That is, after I get through talking to my DH on the Walkie-Talkie as he is trying to find me. I have been known to be real generous and say to 'em, "ya'll have a nice day, now!"

I don't think I've noticed people staring (maybe I've noticed & it doesn't bother me) - Most people in line are very nice. The occasional grumps that act so surprised that the stores are as busy as they are, are the ones that drive me crazy. :cheesy: