This may be a stupid question.....

EmConMom

But wouldn't it in someway benefit Wal-mart(or any other retailer) to have a leak on this info? I would think it would give people a chance to save some more $ they would be willing to spend or just see a few items that would bring them to their store instead of another?

Am I wrong?

Wouldn't Wal-mart be smarter to leak it early, with higher prices, and then drop them at last minute? They did this last year with the black and white photocopied fliers that made it around. That way, we would know what was on the list, competitors would publish their prices to beat that, and they could go in and undercut prices with very little printing costs. This would largely increase the customer base.

I didn't think of other stores seeing it, however, for the most part the other stores would have their sale items at the printer or being printed at the same time as them.

But if something is leaked out early enough they may drop their prices to compete with similar items. I wonder if stores ever leak false information.