Micro Center BF ads now posted on their website

carla0922

hey there does anyone know if Micro Center does any big sales/doorbusters for BF?

Considering MicroCenter is always running sales year round, I cannot help but think they, too, will have some BF specials. In Atlanta, they're going up against all the big electronic/computer stores, BB, CC, Fry's, OD, OM, Staple's........so the area is ultracompetitive and they'd have to have some BF sales or not compete. Everywhere I've seen a MicroCenter, there's also at least a BB, CC, and a few other elec. stores......competition is great, sometimes!!

I am very familiar with Micro Center. My first experience with Micro Center was on a BF three years ago. They have coupons that they hand out for the different items. Over the years the lines have been getting longer but they are never as long as they are at the Best Buys or Circuit City. THe deals are usually very good.

Our Sony camera has 2 slots - compact flash and memory stick. We spent a week in Europe this spring and had a 1G in one slot and 512MB card in the other slot and they didn't last the whole week without downloading - luckily we had brought a laptop with us. I'm hoping they have 2G cards at amazing prices.

Micro center had the 42" Olevia posted on their web site when I looked a few months ago. The next day it was gone & hasn't been relisted. Sent them an email but never got a reply. Supposedly their deal was better than Targets (typically 10% off sale price & free delivery). Looking for the 542i (new 42"). Hopefully will be able to buy for $1000 after rebate etc. Olevia typically has 1 week rebates of up to $300. Watch their terms and submission requirements as they are very restictive. Have the 32" & its great. My friend has the 30" & old 42" & they work well.

they seem to be pretty restrictive in sharing BF sale information - my husband & I have shopped there for yrs and the approach is different every yr., last yr you had to be in the store the day before or a couple of days before and then arrive at 8 a.m. to stand in line to receive a limited number of coupons that they hand out at door..YIKES, this was daunting to the most seasoned shopper. This year I am on the mailing list (email) - maybe that will make a difference. My store is in Illinois - Chicago location

If anyone finds anything out let me know! Funny a regular customer not knowing???? By the way the salestaff is pretty tight lipped or they really dont know - this is not a huge suprise.

Shopping Girl

I really hope they have a 1 gig SD card this year for cheap...

I leave for Europe on the 1st of Dec and would really like to have to only use 1 card to take pics the whole trip

The MicroCenter in Chicago has been running an ongoing special for a generic 1GB SD card or 1GB USB flash drive for $15 out the door. Don't know if you mind the generic or if you think $15 is cheap but I thought I would throw that out there.

If you don't mind a $15 rebate and can use Google Checkout ($10 off $30 purchase at buy.com), you can have this Kingston 1GB SD card for $5 after rebate.

(Note - gottadeal won't let me post links so search Kingston 1GB SD at buy.com)

i saw in the paper today, they had a "day after thanksgiving preview"// they had a 32in LCD HDTV for 380 after rebate, as well as a 42in LCD HDTV for 799 after 200 mail in rebate

no brand names given but that is not a bad deal at all

Micro Center is a national chain of Computer superstores similar to CompUSA but much better. It started in a small storefront in the late 70's in the back of Lane Avenue Mall near Ohio State selling Apple II's. They now have 19 stores nationwide and have been named at the best computer retailer by consumer reports.

Locations are

• CA - Santa Clara

• CA - Tustin/Irvine - Construction News

• CO - Denver

• GA - Duluth/Gwinnett

• GA - Marietta

• IL - Chicago

• IL - Westmont

• KS - Overland Park

• MA - Cambridge

• MI - Madison Hts/Troy

• MN - St. Louis Park

• NY - Westbury/Long Island

• OH - Columbus

• OH - Mayfield Heights

• OH - Sharonville

• PA - St. Davids/Radnor

• TX - Houston

• TX - Richardson

• VA - Fairfax

I started going there when I was in Junior High School in 1978 when it was just the two owners working.

They also have X-Box 360 premium for $299 in store after $100 MIR.

I was praising MC in Mayfield Heights, not slamming it. It's just that it's not a HUGE national store like the places right around it. So, when people go they line up in front of the other's like CC and BB while leaving MC alone. It' not that MC is bad, it's just know as known so it leaves great treasures to be had for those of us who take the time to go on BF (or other days).

What's wrong with the Mayfield Height's location? I am thinking about going there for a TV.