Interesting article (Walmart on Black Friday items)

momof5plus1hubby

I have noticed a lot of toys that were marked down yesterday. And wanted to put them in lay away, but decided I should wait until next week, but now I think I should go now.

Good Idea...Layaway will be closing soon..Plus if the prices go down they will price match the stuff you have on layaway..correct???

It sounds like this article is referring to the November tab sales that start on Sunday because many of those prices are as hot as BF deals. My understanding from my ex (who is an assistant at WM) is that deals that resemble typical BF sales will continue throughout the holiday shopping season. He's been right so far, so we'll hope that continues!

I always tell thim they have it at a lower price to make sure they have adjusted it. 9 times out of 10, they had NOT done the adjustment. It's better to be safe than sorry, especially with layaway being phased out. Whose to say they will run the audits that adjust the prices when they go down. Make sure you check all the competitors ads as well because you can have your items pricematched while they are in layaway too.:cheesy:

Has anyone gotten the walmart ad for Sunday November 5th? Walmarts site does not have it online like it use to.

Thanks

Yep I have noticed that. Wonder why?? See we live in Wisconsin and want to know if the lap top is cheaper in Illinois and Iowa. Does anyone know??? Its $500 something in Wisconsin.

So even though they are having all these sales through November, are they still having the huge BF sales, like normal?

They do say there will be a blitz ad. Our electronics manager said that laptops will go even lower for Blitz.

Its on this site somewhere...

I found the online ad this morning. Once you go to the site, in the top left-hand corner there is a section entitled 'Find A Store'. within that box there is a link that says 'Advertised Values'. Click on that link and then enter your zip code or click on the 'See your local ad' link. Hope this helps :D

So even though they are having all these sales through November, are they still having the huge BF sales, like normal?

My understanding is YES! When I posted that thread about the early sales, I was a little nervous about how accurate my ex-husband's information would be. But, everything he told me a few weeks ago has now come true:yup: I'm still hearing that the BF ad will be as good as ever.

Make sure to check all walmarts around your area. I went on line to check my location and it was the same as I received at home. But I checked one that is in a major city 40 minutes from me and some of the toys are priced lower. And the toys selection is also not the same. My as had one page of toys that the other store didn't. Example - Kids Zebra Bouncer 39.88 and it was 34.99 at the other location.