PS3 at WalMart???

rebateshopper

Does anyone know if WM (brick & mortar or web) will be doing presales of PS3? Will they just have them available in stores on the 17th or what. I just wanna know how they handle it. I'd rather be warm and camp out in the aisle inside the 24 hr WM instead of camping outside at BB or something.

Thanks

For the 360 our SuperWalmart (open 24 hours) had 8 chairs available the day before the release date. You got there early enough, you got a chair. You had to keep the chair with you until the system went on sale and you could not leave the store with the chair ... very clever ..

Wal*Mart.com will be doing preorders for the PS3 u have to go to the website and click media then video games...there is link there that u can click on the PS3 and then u will see it asks u to sign up for gamespot newsletter and then if u do that and enter your e-mail address they will send you an emai when the PS3 can be preordered

yeah .. well don't trust that. I had signed up for the Wii preorder email and I didn't get anything when they put the Wii preorders online.

Does anyone know if WM (brick & mortar or web) will be doing presales of PS3? Will they just have them available in stores on the 17th or what. I just wanna know how they handle it. I'd rather be warm and camp out in the aisle inside the 24 hr WM instead of camping outside at BB or something.

Thanks

I agree and I plan on getting there 24-48 hours before midnight on the 17th. I live close by so I will be in and out all the time keeping my eyes on things!!;)

Does anyone happen to know the wal-mart Item number for the wii and the ps3? If someone could get me that or the upc number I can find out how many wii and ps3's the walmart 's are getting for the Houston area...I work for the distribution center.

You can grab the barcode for the PS3 here.....

http://www.upcdatabase.com/barcode.pl?upc=711719800002

And the bar code for the Wii here

http://www.upcdatabase.com/barcode.pl?upc=045496880019

I printed them out and took them to Walmart and scanned them, all that came up was Please see sales associate.

I took them to Target, scanned and they each came up with the respective prices and said there were 0 in the stock room as of yet. I figure I'll keep scanning until it says they are in and how many.

I have been scanning the barcode daily at work and it doesnt give any numbers yet. I am pretty sure they will come last minute by ups or fedex. the instruction tell us to print tags for the number of units recieved and give them out at 10pm and it is funny because the thing says you will NOT have enough for everyone and you will have loyal PS3 fans showing up very early. DUH.

Thought I would fill everyone in and let everyone know that the PS3's are going to start getting shipped to the stores on Nov. 9th......so the stores should start getting them around the 11th.....games will be shipping and will be able for purchase starting the 14th of November....as I work for wal*mart I have called all the stores around and most every store is getting around 20 of the 60GB and 5 of the 20GB....Sony is sending out more of their 60G because they know that it is going to be them most popular....unlike that of Microsoft when they shipped more of their core models rather than the more popular Premium Model....So hope this helps everyone....