Vtech Vsmile a possible for BF??

Mom2Twins+One

I haven't heard if they will be on sale, but just from personal experience I wouldn't recommend them. They are eduacational and really fun but both our Vsmile and Vsmile pocket quit working after only a few months. The boys were not rough with it, either. First the sound went completely out, then it stopped showing a picture. Unfortuneately, the warranty on them is really crappy as well, so we couldn't get a replacement.

I have heard great things about the Leapster Max, though.

That's too bad. I'd be curious to hear if anyone else has had a similar experience or if you just unfortunately got a lemon. We were thinking of this last year- my five year old wants a video game and we don't have any yet and thought this might be a good way to start. We too were hoping for a good BF sale.

My son has had his for 2 years and still absolutely loves it. We've never had a problem with it, and my daughter has started trying to play with it now (she's 2-1/2). We just got him the handheld version so that he can play on long driving trips or hanging out in his room.

It is the BEST gift he has ever received. I highly recommend it!

I'm so glad to see someone else posted this! I am interested in the V.smile, too. DD got the InteracTV system last year-biggest disappointment ever! Never really worked right from the get-go and the company even sent an entire replacement unit- just another crappy unit. Glad to hear that the majority hasn't had problems with the V.smile!

My DD6 got one for christmas last yr from her father and then after having to unhook it for her to take to his house i went and bought her one and we have had NO trouble with it. I only wish i had waited another month to buy hers so i could have got it in pink.. I have 2 controllers and i also bought the power cord for it with no troubles with any of the equipment. TRU and Target usually have decent sales on the games.. last month TRU had them buy 2 get 1 free. To my knowledge her vsmile that is at her dads house works just fine too... My DS who is 10 also loves to play the games.

We had the interact TV also and it was a huge disappointment to us too, same as other user posted.

We have the hand held leapster for on the go (got it before the Lmax and Vsmile came out a few years ago) but chose to go with the Vsmile for a plug and play type game. My kids love it. I've had it almost a year and it still works well. There was 1 game that quit working but I was able to exchange it. The machine has worked fine. Watch online. I got it last year on wal-mart.com online exclusive deal that I believe was posted here in the forums. You got 2 controllers and the adapters plus and extra game. I don't remember the price but was a really good deal.

My son got one for his birthday and we haven't had any problems with it six months later.

If you are near a Sam's club, you can save $15.

They have the console with the Alphabet City game and an extra controller for $49. That's the price everyone else is selling it for except it wouldn't include the extra controller which is $15 alone.

We bought ours last Christmas, it was at Sams with two controllers, Alphabet Park and Scooby Doo games. I think my mom paid 69.99 for it........

Its been great, the kids love it. We have never had any problems yet. I was looking at the handheld ones this year since you can use the same games.

*WOOT*WOOT* thats an awesome price! I just bought my 5 yr old son his for Christmas. I got 7 games and two controllers for $102.00 on Ebay:gdlurker:

We bought my nephew Vsmile for xmas last year and he loves it. Hasn't had any probs.

I am going to buy it for my three yr old this year.

I saw it at BJ's Wholesale for 49 or 59 (cant remember I looked at so many), with the alphabet game and two controllers. It was the same price at Costco but had the alphabet game, one controller and a holder for the games.

I am going there tomorrow if anyone wants the exact price I can post it.

Lisa

Just got back from BJ's. They have Vsmile with the alphabet game, two controllers, and the adapter for 59.00.

Also went to Sams and they did not have them at all.

Checking Costcos later today:)

I did not realize that the adapter does not always come with it until I read the reviews on Amazon. Thats crazy!

My DS got one for christmas the first year they came out so what 3 years ago I think. His just stopped working one day over the summer. We plan to take it to a local repair shop that is cheap. Hopefully they can fix it, I would hate for all those games to go to waste.

Check Meijer for the games, the couple Meijer stores around here are all the time putting the games on sale for like $9 a piece.

My DS got one for christmas the first year they came out so what 3 years ago I think. His just stopped working one day over the summer. We plan to take it to a local repair shop that is cheap. Hopefully they can fix it, I would hate for all those games to go to waste.

Is it a TV repair shop? I hate to just throw ours away.

I got my son a vsmile year before last for christmas. Doesn't work anymore :( It quit working after a few months as well. So we bought him the vsmile pocket about 6 months ago. He doesn't use it that often because it goes out easily and has to be reset to get it to work again.

I haven't heard if they will be on sale, but just from personal experience I wouldn't recommend them. They are eduacational and really fun but both our Vsmile and Vsmile pocket quit working after only a few months. The boys were not rough with it, either. First the sound went completely out, then it stopped showing a picture. Unfortuneately, the warranty on them is really crappy as well, so we couldn't get a replacement.

I have heard great things about the Leapster Max, though.

My son received his last year at Christmas and plays with it constantly. We've never had a problem with it, either. In fact, I'm hoping to find one for my daughter (2 1/2) this year for Christmas. I'd rather my 4-year-old play with this than a GameBoy Advance which I've seen other 4-year-olds playing. The only thing I would say about the V-Smile Pocket is that the batteries go out on it pretty quickly, it seems. Of course, maybe that's because he plays with it 24/7.