Real Tree Tips

amandamarie00

We will be using a real tree for the first time EVER this year. I finally decided to take the plunge and see how it turns out.

Anyway, being a tree novice, I was wondering if anyone had any tips they would like to share. We'll be going to a tree farm close to town, and they let you pick your tree and "chop" it down.

When should we go get it? How do we bring it home? Any tips regarding stands and watering?

Any/all info will be appreciated.

Thanks!

We tie the tree ontop of the car, bring a blanket or tarp if you are worried about scratching. I hate the plastic tree stands, they never stand right for me so we have a nice colit metal one. I love taking care of the tree, watering was always my job when I was a kid :)

Oh, and don't put it close to any heating elements it will dry out lots faster if ya do.

We spray the needles every other day with some water to help them be not so hard.

You can also get the stuff to add to the water that is suppose to help it last longer, but I don't know if they work or not.

Buy one of those tree bags to put underneath your tree stand for easy tree removal. But it can sometimes be a PITA to empty out all of the water before you take the tree out.