Wal-Mart November 5th-11th Ad Posted

Brad

Pics can be found in this thread

While appreciated, please don't post in this thread just to thank me for posting the ad as it clutters up the thread and makes it hard to find questions or comments about the actual ad.

Therefore all non-essential replies, including "thank you" posts will be removed from the thread.

i can't see the pics very well, but am wondering if on the one page there is a nintendo ds lite bundle - what are the games incl'd and price?

It's a DS Lite (your choice of color) with your choice of one game (some games will raise the price) and one accessory. Available on Walmart.com only right now.

If the store is open 24 hours, then the sale and items should be available at midnight.

I'm not so sure... I called my local Wal-Mart Supercenter, and they said their sale items will become available @ 6 AM. You might want to call your local Wal-Mart before BF about this.

I'm not so sure... I called my local Wal-Mart Supercenter, and they said their sale items will become available @ 6 AM. You might want to call your local Wal-Mart before BF about this.

This is a regular sale, not blitz. Regular sales usually begin at midnight if the store is open 24 hours. The blitz items for Black Friday will not be available for purchase until the specified time in the ad. This is 2 separate sales events.

Guest JeepMom
My store is usually the layaway dept for "hot" items. I plan on getting there are like 9pm on Sat. People for the Elmo's were lined up at 9:30.

Got my laptop!! (Actually 2 - me and my husband) 3 hour wait in line, and only about 15 people showed up to buy them. They had about 20 left when they wheeled the pallet back into the stoeroom. I thought there would be alot more interest. Some people walked up @ 10 minutes till midnight and still got one. Happy to have that over... Now on to BF!

Got my laptop also. Went after I got out of work got there about 10:00. Only three people in line. They actually brought chairs out for us to sit in. Only about 10-12 people were there at 12:00. Ours had about 30 in stock. We never received the ad in the mail. So I don't know if too many people knew about it. I was surprised at how many employees didn't even know about the sale. They kept asking us what we were waiting in line for.

We got ours as well, showed up at 8:15, we were 4th in line. Went to housewares and got chairs, had a good time. Lots of problems at this store though...told everyone all week they had 30, told people in line there were 30 then at about 9 p.m. 2 walmart employees showed up in the department bragging how they got vouchers that morning while working (even showed us what they looked like). They were bold enough to still have their walmart vests on. When 11 p.m. rolled around they passed out 12 vouchers and said that was all they had. So those that waited past #12 wasted 3 hours of their time for nothing. Needless to say the scene turned ugly.

Got mine...showed up at 5pm as MIL was getting off work so we sat down in layaway, 1st and 2nd in line, next person was 8pm, 10 pm @ voucher time there were 9 people.

12:05 am, they still had 10 vouchers left (20 total), but people from bigger stores were starting to trickle in.

from 5pm to 10pm there must have been 20 customers and around 15 employees ask why we were all sitting there.... If it hadn't been for GD I probably wouldn't have known about it.

Seems they would do a little more advertising if they're trying to get sales up eh?

I got my laptop tonight. My Walmart had 47 laptops. I was very surprised at the low turnout for this deal. When all was said and done only 11 laptops were sold.

I did learn something very interesting this evening as I tried to pay for my laptop My debit card was declined. We ran it as a debit then as a credit it would not go through. There was more than enough money in the bank to cover my purchase. I immediately called my husband and had him call the bank. As I waited in line to try my purchase again customer after customer had the same problem. Five out of the Eleven computer sold, the debit cards and credit cards would not go through. The Manager said this was not an uncommon problem. He said , as banks change over from one day to the next, this problem tends to occur. Thank goodness I had remembered to bring my checkbook. Customers were on cell phones to their banks trying to fix the problems. Some customers had to go home to get their checkbooks. Lesson learned, on black friday bring your checkbook just in case.

I got to super wm at 10:30 - no pallets out for anything of the special sales. I roamed the store til around 11:45 and saw 2 people waiting by the layaway department. I waited with them. About 12:10 the employees finally found the laptops. There were only 5 of us in line for laptops by 12:30. They were asking the 5 of us what items we wanted then going in the back to look for them. The two people in front of me also wanted the mp3 players and it took them a little longer to find them. I wanted the littlest pet shop and they finally found it at 12:30. They never could find the bratz and most of the other special sale items. luckily, there was no one else there looking for them. When I left the store at 12:45, they still hadn't brought out any pallets for any of the sale items. The employees were helpful and apologetic. Apparently the people who brought in the sale items never told anyone else where they put the items that were for the sale that started at midnight.LOL

Where is the best place to start standing in line ...or pulling up a chair ?.:)

For the Walmarts that are open 24 hrs ...

I would say go to the department get your name on a list then go sit in layaway. That is what we did last night for the laptop and that is also what our store does when the new game systems come out. But I would check with the store you go to depending on how they do it.

If it hadn't been for GD I probably wouldn't have known about it.

Seems they would do a little more advertising if they're trying to get sales up eh?

I went to get the Creative Muvo 1GB mp3 player today. They had 5 in the cabinet but no price anywhere that showed how much it was. The only reason I knew that was the one was because I seen the pic here. There was a guy checking out a 512 mb on clearance for $59 but he bought the Muvo after I told him what it was supposed to cost.