whats your favorite holiday memory?

lisamag

one of mine is when my brother came home from the army and we went shopping for lights and gifts for our mom. he put lights on everything, but it really looked nice. he set it up so that when you put on the overhead light the garlins hanging on the ceiling also lite up, and speakers behind the tree so that the music came from behind the tree. for christmas he gave me a stereo and some records. he didn't want me to know what it was so he took the records and made them look like a box. i wasn't aloud to touch it until christmas morning, when i opened the box it was empty because the box was the gift lol it was quite a surprise. when i saw the inside of the box was rapped i figured it out. but i got even that year i gave him a gold chain that i put into 3 boxes each one was smalled than the last lol. that yr we had wall to wall gifts don't think i'll ever forget that christmas.

I have alot of wonderful memories, One of my favorites is about my oldest DS. He was ten at the time and love basketball. We had bought him an in the ground pole and backboard. the pole needed to be set up before Christmas so the cement could dry. We told him it was a Chritmas pole and decorated it with lights and garland. On Christmas Eve DH took down the decorations and put up the backboard. I still remember seeing the happy face of DS when he saw his gift.

I don't really have a specific memory that I hang onto as being my guidepost to what Christmas is.

What I do have, are 25 or so years of memories that I will cherish until I pass :)

Every Christmas is spent with the family at our house. We decorate the first week of December, and we bake from around the second week of November until the week before Christmas. So there are always a few plates of cookies and sweets for everyone to take home with them.

Those are the best memories a guy, or gal, could ever have!

-Mike

My favorite Christmas memory would have to be going into th woods with my Mom and my Grandparents to pick a tree. We would mark it with a red ribbon and then a couple of weeks before Christmas we would go back and cut it. I go overboard by most people's standards every year to make sure I leave all of our kids with great holiday memories, however, they could care less, they just say I get on their nerves with all of my Christmas stuff!LOL

I had a unique surprise when I was 8 years old, living in Newport, R.I. in the mid 1950's. My dad was a Naval officer and one Christmas his destroyer unit was doing peacetime maneuvers in the Mediterranean. This was the only time he had ever missed being with us for the holiday and it made me sad. One evening there was a knock on the front door and my mom said it was for me. There stood Santa Claus who had arrived in a bright red fire truck that was parked in front of the house! I was awestruck to the point of being terrified. Years later I found out that Santa was really a close friend of my father. He'd stopped by after riding in the annual Christmas parade. What a wonderful thing to do for a child who was missing her daddy.

My favorite memory is Christmas 2000. All of us kids were home that year for Christmas and I cooked the Christmas meal at my house and took it to my mom's house because she was so sick. It was so nice and everyone really had a wonderful time just enjoying the day. It was also the last Christmas that was spent with mom because my mom passed away 2 weeks before Christmas in 2001 and Christmas has never been the same since.

Cherish each and every Christmas you get to spend with your family because it could be your last one spent with the ones you love. :)

My favorite Christmas memory would have to be going into th woods with my Mom and my Grandparents to pick a tree. We would mark it with a red ribbon and then a couple of weeks before Christmas we would go back and cut it. I go overboard by most people's standards every year to make sure I leave all of our kids with great holiday memories, however, they could care less, they just say I get on their nerves with all of my Christmas stuff!LOL

are you sure we are not sisters???? My kids tell me the same thing all the time

One of my favorites is from when I was a kid. We would always go up to our land to cut down a 12' tree. After we got it home and decorated it, my brothers and I would turn out all the lights and lay underneath the tree looking straight up. It seemed so magical!