Who else is camping out at TRU Sat night?

momof5plus1hubby

Can I ask what everybody is getting in line for??? the new game systems come out on Nov 17th and Nov 19 th don't they??? I am confused:confused:

TRU is having the preorders on sale bright and early sunday morning.

The stores are only doing an average of about 10 (some have less), for the PS3, Wii, Sales persons have said this will guarantee your system on release day...and they are said to have a shipment of TMX elmos' as well.

If you dont need any of the above, stay away from TRU till about noon.

:) LOL

I just called the closest TRU from me and they said they couldn't

tell me how mant TMX's they would have because they wouldn't

even tell THEM! She said alot though. She also confirmed only 10

each pre-sales for PS3 and Wii. And they open early, 10am, what

time should I go? NOW?!

I just called the closest TRU from me and they said they couldn't

tell me how mant TMX's they would have because they wouldn't

even tell THEM! She said alot though. She also confirmed only 10

each pre-sales for PS3 and Wii. And they open early, 10am, what

time should I go? NOW?!

If you want a PS3, you better go NOW and hope it is not too late.

Here's the info for the only 3 TRU locations I can find in the Indy area. As of 6 pm Sat, there are more people in line at each location than there are units available for presale (at least according to the CS rep who answered the phone at each location).

E Washington St,

only pre-selling 4 ... had at least 8 people waiting in line

Castleton

only have 7 and there are more people than that in line

Greenwood

they won't say how many they have (they claim not to know), but they did say that there are at least 30 people in line already

I was planning on going later tonight, but at this point, it looks like it would be a futile effort.

Good luck anyway!

I just called my TRU, AGAIN... and they said there are people in line, but they are doing a lottery in the morning. So its fair for everyone! whahoo...

I"m excited. So i'm not going out till about 5 or so, just to get into line.

She said, "just dont get there any later than 9:30am."

Ok at 10:30 at the Portsmouth, NH TRU there were already

like a dozen people there. Looked like mostly teenagers so

I assume they're there for the systems. I'll be heading out

in the morning for my TMX's. I don't care what it is I would

not stand outside for 12 hours for anything! Make that 13,

don't forget to set your clocks back!

I think the tru stores that use the lottery system are asking for trouble. Just imagine you have been on this line for hours someone just shows up before the lottery and they win. That store better have 911 on speed dial. As for myself no need for TMx elmos bought and sold a bunch already have two here sitting ready to go on ebay. I got the pre order of Wii from gamestop. I'm done. Please be safe everyone.

Just drove by our TRU when leaving work and there is already a nice sized line outside. Most of the people are there for the PS3 and one girl was there so far for the TMX. (I know this cause she had previously come into my work to see if we would have any)

Thankfully, we already have the TMX and we dont want the PS3 or Wii.

Julie

I think the tru stores that use the lottery system are asking for trouble. Just imagine you have been on this line for hours someone just shows up before the lottery and they win. That store better have 911 on speed dial. As for myself no need for TMx elmos bought and sold a bunch already have two here sitting ready to go on ebay. I got the pre order of Wii from gamestop. I'm done. Please be safe everyone.

I agree. The lottery is a VERY bad idea. If you do the time, you deserve to be first in line! Imagine if they tried this on BF? Bad, bad, bad idea!!!!

I got to my TRU about 9 and there were like 30 people in line. Right after I got there they came out with tickets for the Elmos and told us they handed out tickets for the systems at about 6:30 and they were gone. They had 5 for PS3 and 20 for Wii. I brought my Mom and my step-father so I got 6 Elmos and the Dora for $5.99. I was also able to use 2 of the $5 of $25 coupons and the $10 giftcard coupon. I'm happy!

Oh ya and they had 100 Elmos!

Well they changed they're minds.. No lottery. Which is okay. I ended up getting a Wii anyways. Wanted the ps3, but the 6 people who were there since 3pm yesterday got those. But odds are they are just selling them on Ebay next month.

We had over 50 people in line by 9:30am.

I scored 4 elmos :) My store had people camping out since 3 yesterday, so there was no way anyone was getting any of the game systems this morning. The store opened at 11:00 ( an hour earlier than usual) and I got there right at 10 and they were just started to hand out tickets!!! All pre-orders and Elmos had to bed picked up by 12:30 or they were going to be sold. Needless to say they were all picked up. Glad I got mine!!

We showed up at a little after 8 am at our TRU and it opened at 10. I was able to get a Wii and one Elmo our store only had 33 we were #38 in line. So I am happy I got my Wii and I was able to get my mom's foster baby who is leaving an Elmo. Made my day!