Kitchen Aid Mixer?

Gloey

I'm thinking about one of these for DS and his wife for Christmas. Kohls has one for 287.99 and Linens n things has it for 299.99. Now if I use a coupon it will take off about 58 bucks at LNT. Or, should I wait for a bigger sale? Are these things as good as they are supposed to be? It seems like a lot to me.

I got mine reconditioned last year on Amazon for $125, and I LOVE it. I use it all the time. Was it worth the money? EVERY PENNY!!! God I love my appliances. I have found out even through cheapness, it does pay to buy quality when one can afford it. It's great for making bread too. I hate kneading dough, and the dough hook is awesome.

I am a kitchen gadget collector LOL I must have every weirdo infomerical "but wait" doohickey they come out with BUT by far and away my kitchen aid mixer is #1 in my house. Her name is Bertha and I have holiday covers for her cause she hates being out of style...I waited over 7 years asking and begging for one so Ya I named her LOL

I would HIGHLY recommend the larger bowl size. the 4 qt seems pretty big but I have ran into issues making large batches of cookies. My SM got the reconditioned one after loving on mine and got the bigger size and its WELL WORTH the $$. I have burned up 3 mixers and she has burned up more mixers/hand mixers then she can keep count of making divinty and our Kitchen aids whip right through w/out even breaking a sweat. I havent bought cool whip since owning it. I can make homemade whip cream with in a minute and it is so much better.

kitchenaid does WONDERFUL deals sometimes if you are looking to buy the packages(grinder,juicer,etc) but for just teh mixer the recontioned ones are a great bet. Also we have an outlet store by us called Kitchen Unlimited and they sell them reconditioned as well so maybe be worththe time to look locally to be able to buy one and "see" it first

If you want a white one, our Target has the full size, standard Kitchen Aide on clearance for $99.98. It is just sitting on the shelf, next to the red one, with a red clearance sticker. If you see the white one at your Target, I would recommend scanning the box at the nearest price scanner and seeing what comes up---I know at our Target not everything gets stickered.

Good Luck!

These have been big ticket Kohl's BF items for the past 2 years. I know because I just salivate looking at them. One day I will splurge! If you don't get one on BF, I would wait until they (Kohls) have one of their great sales online where you can find 30% off coupons for the entire site. That is how I got my Dyson!

These have been big ticket Kohl's BF items for the past 2 years. I know because I just salivate looking at them. One day I will splurge! If you don't get one on BF, I would wait until they (Kohls) have one of their great sales online where you can find 30% off coupons for the entire site. That is how I got my Dyson!

Well, I looked at my linens and things coupon and it says they price match! So I can price match at Kohls and then get 20% off! That sounds like a plan doesn't it?

I have a 6 qt and I use it all the time. It is so great and you can get all kinds of attachments for it. if you look around you can get good deals on them. when i got mine it gave you an attachment. we got the meat grinder.

Ditto. I started small, then the more I used it, the more i needed the larger mixer and bowl. Unless ds and wife would just use it for cookies and nothing else, you're better off upgrading.

I really do like mine, I have it in red, but it is REALLY heavy. I had a Bosch before my KA and I liked it better. I like putting it away when I am done using it and the KA is just too heavy to move. I would rate the Bosch as a better machine too...not so much more so that I would sell my KA, but I will be getting a Bosch next time. Hope that helps some.

Yes, I own one of these. They come with a dough hook for making bread, a whisk attachment, and a normal mixer attachment. You can also get extra attachments such as a food grinder, a pasta roller, a vegetable slicer, and alot more. One of the best places to get these, if you have one of these stores near you, is Tuesday Morning. Sometimes they have them and sometimes not. But it is worth a shot to look!

The remanufacturered should come with a 90 day warranty vs the 1 year for new ones. My mom has an 475 watt 6 qt Epicurean series which I found on sale for $280 before tax.

If it was me, I would get a remanuf. 5 qt Accolade series from Amazon. The lean back head style will fit under pretty much any cabinet. The ones with the changing bowl height do not fit about 60% of people's kitchens. The accolade is the strongest motor at 400 watts for the lean back head and the gears are all metal. I think the 250 and 325 watt ones do have some plastic gears.

I got one about a month ago from Amazon. I was one of the refurbished Kitchen Aide mixers & I am very satisfied. I have the 4qt bowl & I've made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies (the receipe from the back of choc chip bag) & had no problems with bowl size.

The deal Brad is talking about is exactally the deal I used.

The refurbished one comes with a warranty for 6 months. My mixer looks new, there is no scratches or dings anywhere on it.

The remanufacturered should come with a 90 day warranty vs the 1 year for new ones. My mom has an 475 watt 6 qt Epicurean series which I found on sale for $280 before tax.

If it was me, I would get a remanuf. 5 qt Accolade series from Amazon. The lean back head style will fit under pretty much any cabinet. The ones with the changing bowl height do not fit about 60% of people's kitchens. The accolade is the strongest motor at 400 watts for the lean back head and the gears are all metal. I think the 250 and 325 watt ones do have some plastic gears.

Just checked amazon.com, price was 199.00 without the splash guard, w/25.00 discount and free shipping, I was really excited until I read the feedback where someone got a Accolade 400 watt for 125.00 after a 25.00 discount and free shipping and handling. But the 199.00 minus the 25.00 and no s/h is not bad at all...:g_think:

i know you are looking into a kitchen aid but have you ever considiered a bosch? they are the best.

http://www.boschappliances.com/product388.html

I only found one mixer shown on their site, it looks pretty expensive, I don't do a lot of baking until around the holidays. I just want so that I mix my pies and cakes hands free. Thanks for the info regarding the Bosch Mixer.

My mother-in-law says they are worth every penny she is a pastry chef so she really puts hers to use. I have been wanting one for the past few years but Iam the type of person not to spend big bucks on myself...lol. I am going to check one one of the refurbished ones...Thanks for that info

I also purchased mine reconditioned from Amazon and we are very happy with it. With the free shipping and the coupon we were able to get a Professional 475 watt model for $124.00 delivered. Can't beat that and it looks and performs like new.:D

I can vouch for how good they are, not because I'm an accomplished cook/baker or anything like that, but my wife and I's Grandmothers and mothers constantly bring things over to bake because they like our KA Mixer so well. I figure they know what is good and what isn't.

My dad bought me a reconditioned one from Amazon for Christmas a couple years ago & I love it. He is a bit jealous of mine too, because he bought a better one for me that was cheaper than his lesser model :D I have the one where the bowl goes up & down and it is great. I would definately take advantage of the Amazon deals right now if I didn't already have one.

Your wife would love it. I bought the Kitchen Aid Artisan 5 qt for myself and one for my daughter in law last year at Macy's on a great sale. Most prices now are at least $30.00 higher. Normally you can get them for 269.00 so your coupon will help. Good luck. I heard something about maybe Target would have them discounted. Hope so, then my daughter will get one under the tree

try kohels on BF they always have good deals on them. but there are actually a couple of different models and some are more expensive than others. they will look the same but have different features. ex. movable mixer were some are just stationary.

i love ours and even though i am not an avid baker i could not be without it. it's seven years old and works like new!!!!

Just bought one for my daugher at Kohl's last week. Regular price was $279. On special for $199. Then I had a 30% coupon! Got it for $140!

This was the Kitchen Aid Plus - only in white. I thought it was a great deal. Wish I would have bought one for myself.

If your wife is a baker/cooker and spends a lot of time in the kitchen, it's worth it. Sams Club carries it every Christmas season for $269 (I saw it yesterday). Usually the one Sams carries has extras with it. You might want to check into that first. Good luck