Does Target price match on BF?

threedinvest

I suspect that I'll get that same letter. Are they being evasive on purpose?

It's funny in a way. They quoted me the same thing over the phone when I called my store about how you need a receipt and how good they are at honoring price adjustments. And when I mentioned the "after thanksgiving sales" they were like, 'ohhh no. that wouldn't work!". Completely contradicting everything they said 10 seconds prior.

I got a slightly different message:

Dear xx,

Thanks for your e-mail regarding our policy on price adjustments for the items you wanted to purchase at the Hunters Creek SuperTarget store.

Target is a trend retailer that wants to provide the latest merchandise at the lowest possible price. We’re able to make adjustments on sale merchandise if we advertise a lower price either the same week or the week following your Thanksgiving purchase.

In order to receive this service, please take your original Target sales receipt to your SuperTarget store for an adjustment to reflect the new Target price. You can contact the store by calling (407) 251-5133. Remember, we’re not able to make adjustments on clearance merchandise.

Thanks for shopping with us. I hope we’ll see you again soon at Target.

Sincerely,

Jason

Target Guest Relations

www.target.com

[THREAD ID:1-2L9GXV]

I emailed again. I wasn't going to let then not answer. I got a better response this time.

Dear Kirsten Nelson,

Thanks for writing about our price adjustment policy for Black Friday.

Items in the 2-Day sale ad follow normal price adjustment guidelines. Therefore,

if the item was purchased on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday of the same

week as the sale, or any day the week before, it is eligible for price

adjustment.

We always welcome your questions, so if we can assist you in the future, please

contact our Target Guest Relations team at (800) 440-0680. You can also speak

with a team member at the Guest Services Desk at your local Target store, or

visit us on Target.com. Either way, we're here to help!

Thanks for shopping with us. I hope we'll see you again soon at Target.

Sincerely,

Janette

Target Guest Relations

Another Price Adjustment question. The video ipods are regular price with a $25 gift card with puchase. If I bought the ipod the Tuesday before, could I just come in on Friday with my receipt and get the gift card? That just seems too easy.

No, you can not purchase the Ipod on Tuesday and go back on BF to get the gift card. That is not considered a price adjustment. The ad should also state something about prior purchases.

No, you can not purchase the Ipod on Tuesday and go back on BF to get the gift card. That is not considered a price adjustment. The ad should also state something about prior purchases.

Thanks Anne. I actually got around that problem by just ordering the Ipod online. It was $250 - 10% which is $25 so with s&h and I only paid about $3 more. I just won't have it as soon but I can live with that :D I called to store to ask how many they had in stock and the lady told me "We have them but I can't tell you how many" I asked if she can't because she didn't know or if she wouldn't and she said they're not allowed to discuss the store inventory. Whatever:rolleyes:

Subject: 2 Day Sale/Black Friday Questions

Dear Kelly,

The Target 2-Day Sale starts at 6 a.m. on Friday, November 24. We know you'll

find great gift buys for everyone on your shopping list!

While I can't confirm which items may or may not be featured in the 2-Day Sale,

our regular price adjustment policy will apply.

Thanks for shopping with us! We'll see you at the Target 2-Day Sale!

Sincerely,

Daniel

Target Guest Relations

www.target.com

I seen that others got an answer by emailing Target so I figured I would to - and print it out to take with me to Target in case they give me any problems ;)

Guest ashbyyokosuka

Subject: 2 Day Sale/Black Friday Questions

Dear Kelly,

The Target 2-Day Sale starts at 6 a.m. on Friday, November 24. We know you'll

find great gift buys for everyone on your shopping list!

While I can't confirm which items may or may not be featured in the 2-Day Sale,

our regular price adjustment policy will apply.

Thanks for shopping with us! We'll see you at the Target 2-Day Sale!

Sincerely,

Daniel

Target Guest Relations

www.target.com

I seen that others got an answer by emailing Target so I figured I would to - and print it out to take with me to Target in case they give me any problems ;)

Not to beat this to a death--

but

so i can buy something this week (M, T, W before BF) and take it back AFTER BF. or do i have to stand in line during BF for the price adjustment?

thanks for any replies!

Not to beat this to a death--

but

so i can buy something this week (M, T, W before BF) and take it back AFTER BF. or do i have to stand in line during BF for the price adjustment?

thanks for any replies!

No such luck. You will have to do it on BF while the sale is still on.

ashby, when I went to Target last year to get the price adjustment, I went on Friday morning after the craziness (probably around 7 or 8), and there wasn't anyone in line, so it only took me a few minutes to get my $$ back...hoping it's that easy again this year! HTH!

Here is the response I got from Target Customer Service. I will print this out and take it with me...

Dear XXX,

Thanks for your reply regarding a price adjustment on your purchase.

Price adjustment do apply for the 2-Day after Thanksgiving sale. They also apply for the 5-hour Door Buster sale, but you must be present during the hours that the sale is going on. Don't forget to bring your receipt.

We always welcome your questions and feedback, so if we can assist you in the future, please contact our Target Guest Relations team at (800) 440-0680. You can also speak with a team member at the Guest Services Desk at your local Target store, or visit us on Target.com. Either way, we're here to help!

Sincerely,

Colin

Target Guest Relations

www.target.com

[THREAD ID:1-2MBDMK]

I went to Target early today to check out the Westinghouse 19 'monitor. I asked the sales person if that was the monitor in the Target black friday add. She told me that it was not the same number, but close (LCM-19w4). I wasn't so sure she was being straight with me, so I went home and looked up the 2 day sale add on Target.xxx. It was the same number as the 1 in the store (LCM-19w4). So then I called the Guest Relations # (800-440-0680). They assured me if I bought it today that I would have 14 days for a price adjustment. As long as I have the receipt and the Target add. So I bought two:cheesy: . I'll let you all know what happens in a few day's;) . Any ?'s,

Bob

I went to Target early today to check out the Westinghouse 19 'monitor. I asked the sales person if that was the monitor in the Target black friday add. She told me that it was not the same number, but close (LCM-19w4). I wasn't so sure she was being straight with me, so I went home and looked up the 2 day sale add on Target.xxx. It was the same number as the 1 in the store (LCM-19w4). So then I called the Guest Relations # (800-440-0680). They assured me if I bought it today that I would have 14 days for a price adjustment. As long as I have the receipt and the Target add. So I bought two:cheesy: . I'll let you all know what happens in a few day's;) . Any ?'s,

Bob

I've also been watching the 19' monitor...when the BF ad was up here, the numbers matched. It was online today but sold out. Went to the store and wouldnt honor the online $149, BUT assured me that they would price adjust fri. morning. So I bought it for $229 and the women said she'd be there Fri. morning and I'd get the adjustment.:D

I got confirmation from a customer service rep at corporate office today via email and talked to store people too....they said yes they will adjust the price as long as you come in during the sale time and have your receipt with you. Another nail in Best Buy's coffin? Maybe so for me...they will not do this I was told by corporate and store management. BB hasn't been as good in the last few years as they were the first year I went out on Black Friday and was back home by 6:45.

Here is the response I got from Target Customer Service. I will print this out and take it with me...

Dear XXX,

Thanks for your reply regarding a price adjustment on your purchase.

Price adjustment do apply for the 2-Day after Thanksgiving sale. They also apply for the 5-hour Door Buster sale, but you must be present during the hours that the sale is going on. Don't forget to bring your receipt.

We always welcome your questions and feedback, so if we can assist you in the future, please contact our Target Guest Relations team at (800) 440-0680. You can also speak with a team member at the Guest Services Desk at your local Target store, or visit us on Target.com. Either way, we're here to help!

Sincerely,

Colin

Target Guest Relations

www.target.com

[THREAD ID:1-2MBDMK]

What is the 5-hour Door Buster sale he is referring to? I thought Target didn't do the doorbusters anymore... there's nothing in the ad about it anyway. :confused::eyepoppin

I had bought kodak digital camera accessory kit last week for $29.99. BF it's on sale for $19. Would it work if I buy one at $19 then go return it with my $29.99 reciept? How would they know, right? Just want to know if I'm missing some special rule of thiers.