Does Target price match on BF?

threedinvest

Hi All! Does anyone know if you buy something at Target prior to BF and it ends up on sale on BF, do they price match, I know with regular sale ads, they PM for up to 14 days. Wondering about any expierience, as I would just buy the things I want prior to BF and hope they are on sale!:cheesy: :cheesy:

Target hasn't price matched here in at least three years, and it really hurts them I think. Target is the preferred store to wal mart because it's more compact, better layed out and only slightly higher. Not price matching kills their sales on black friday. Mine sales alone are usually in excess of $1000:cheesy:

Hi All! Does anyone know if you buy something at Target prior to BF and it ends up on sale on BF, do they price match, I know with regular sale ads, they PM for up to 14 days. Wondering about any expierience, as I would just buy the things I want prior to BF and hope they are on sale!:cheesy: :cheesy:

Target will not price match, but the way you are describing it, it sounds like you mean price adjust. Target will adjust the price on BF if it goes on sale 14 days prior to BF.

Target will not price match, but the way you are describing it, it sounds like you mean price adjust. Target will adjust the price on BF if it goes on sale 14 days prior to BF.

And if they didn't price match I would return it and rebuy it, simple as that.:tongue1:

And if they didn't price match I would return it and rebuy it, simple as that.:tongue1:

That is not as easy as you think! When you return an item at Target, you can not re-buy it. It must be "re-shopped" back onto the sales floor. It might not be "re-shopped" for several hours.

I also believe Target will not be "holding" any items at Guest Service on Black Friday.

Target does not price match with other store's ads.

If you purchased an item at Target, you have 14 days to get an adjustment.

So, if you purchase something between Nov 10th and Nov 23, and it is on sale during Black Friday, you can go in on Black Friday to get an adjustment.

• 2 weeks later...

<<<That is not as easy as you think! When you return an item at Target, you can not re-buy it. It must be "re-shopped" back onto the sales floor. It might not be "re-shopped" for several hours.

I also believe Target will not be "holding" any items at Guest Service on Black Friday.

Target does not price match with other store's ads.

If you purchased an item at Target, you have 14 days to get an adjustment.

So, if you purchase something between Nov 10th and Nov 23, and it is on sale during Black Friday, you can go in on Black Friday to get an adjustment.>>>

You are 100% correct on each statement you made!

And FYI to everyone .. my Target refused to price adjust for BF items last year. I had to rebuy and return every item I had bought in advance. I called Target 800 guest services (Customer Service refused to give me the number - I had to actually speak to the mgr of the store to get it) to complain. I was told they would contact the manager of that store and advise them that he was incorrect in not price adjusting my merchandise and I got a $10 GC for my trouble.

My local Target mgr is just a butt-head .. I have run ins with him before trying to make up his own rules.

So I was in Target today and I figured I'd ask at electronics about the Ipod (just to prepare myself for a fight) and the 1st guy I spoke to went on about how they won't know about bf sales until bf and blah blah blah. He still doesn't believe that I could have possible seen the ad but he asked a girl behind the counter and she just rolled her eyes and said they won't do price adjustments for BF. Looks like I'll have to call corporate.

So I was in Target today and I figured I'd ask at electronics about the Ipod (just to prepare myself for a fight) and the 1st guy I spoke to went on about how they won't know about bf sales until bf and blah blah blah. He still doesn't believe that I could have possible seen the ad but he asked a girl behind the counter and she just rolled her eyes and said they won't do price adjustments for BF. Looks like I'll have to call corporate.

Send them an email instead .. then you can take the reply with you on BF :)

Not the one in Wyomissing PA. Last year I did that, bought a bunch of stuff that I saw on this site and then went in on BF to get my money back on the sale and they told me they wouldn't do it on BF, even though I asked earlier in the week and their check out people said yes. So anyway, I had to go get everything again, then buy it again and then took it to the customer service counter and return it on the old reciept, just so I could get the deals.

I was very frustrated with Target last year for this reason as it made me waste almost 1.5 hours to do this and wait in their lines.

Toy r us on the other hand, I had no problem getting my money back.

I have a question? I purchased the digi-makeover on Target.com for 59.99. A week or so later I saw that it went down to 49.99. I called and they credited 10.00 back to my credit card. Well, now it is on sale at Amazon for 37.99 with free shipping. I went ahead and ordered it, and printed out a reciept on Target.

I want to take the one I bought from Target back for a refund. Some people may think this is too much trouble, but I really want the best price possible! Anyway, the printed receipt only has a barcode. Do you think they will refund me 59.99 or 49.99? It says this receipt is linked to the original purchase. I don't mind either way, b/c I will still get it cheaper, but since they don't refund shipping, it would be nice to get back 59.99!

I just wondered if any one else has done this, and knows.

Thanks!:)

I called corporate and the person I got on the phone said that they do honor price adjustments for the after thanksgiving sales. Although, she didn't seem very official. Work at home and outsourcing has changed my view of "corporate" from a bunch of suits in a skyrise somewhere to a bunch of people who probably have never stepped foot in a store before.

I called my local store and they said they won't know if they will honor price adjustments until the ad comes out. They said they did honor it last year, but did not the year before. And considering the ad comes "out" when the store is closed (Thanksgiving day), that doesn't give me much guarantee.

I emailed corporate as well, as an email at least gives me something in writing.

Has anyone seen a copy of an adscan that doesn't have some of the fine print on page 1 cropped?

Dear Kirsten Nelson,

Thanks for your e-mail regarding our policy on price adjustments.

Target is a trend retailer that wants to provide the latest merchandise at the

lowest possible price. We’re able to make adjustments on sale merchandise if

we advertise a lower price either the same week or the week following your

Target purchase.

In order to receive this service, please take your original Target sales receipt

to your Target store for an adjustment to reflect the new Target price. If you

need assistance locating the contact number of the store, please call (800)

800-8800. We’re not able to make adjustments on clearance merchandise.

Thanks for shopping with us. I hope we’ll see you again soon at Target.

Sincerely,

Jason

Target Guest Relations

[THREAD ID:1-2KW3GD]

tihs is the email i received, i specifically asked about black friday but did not get a response back specifically about it