Compusa laptop desktop deals?

thechef71

If memory serves, I think CompUSA was one of the last ads we received, so there wasn't as much opportunity to talk about it...

Plus, there are aren't as many CompUSAs around the country. For instance, my nearest one is about an hour's drive.

I know a lot of peope talked about them opening up at midnight though...

CompUSA also does a "Pre-Thanksgiving" sale on Wednesday evening from 6pm till Midnight. They usually have some good deal then as well.

It's best to sign up on their website for the emails and you should get a notification on Monday or Tuesday about it. The flyer usually 3-4 pages, but one year it was a 6 page newpaper type AD.

Typical sales include Laptops (2 or 3), Desktops (1 or 2), Cameras (3 or 4), Media (CD's, DVD's, memory and memory cards,etc...), lots of crappy software that's free after rebate, Usually a TV or two and DVD players, and DVD Drives, Hard Drives, and External drives.

You have to get in line outside the store before it closes at 5pm to prepare for the sale. Then about 10-15 minutes before 6p, the staff comes out and starting at the front of the line will ask what you are in line to get and give you a voucher for the big ticket items. Then once the store opens, you go for the other non-voucher items you want, and then to the Business Sales Desk (at-least that's where it is at our store) to claim your big items with your voucher. Next it's off to checkout-hell, and the path to filling up your Credit card for the season.

The past 4 or 5 years I've been within the first 20 people waiting in line. Last year I was the first person in line and it was sweet. I picked up sooo much stuff....

The only thing I don't like about CompUSA is that they require you to subscribe to an ISP in order to get the best price on computers and laptops--otherwise they charge you more for the item. I don't want AOL or Earthlink and don't think I should have to pay more for a computer just because I don't need them as my ISP.

The only thing I don't like about CompUSA is that they require you to subscribe to an ISP in order to get the best price on computers and laptops--otherwise they charge you more for the item. I don't want AOL or Earthlink and don't think I should have to pay more for a computer just because I don't need them as my ISP.

This can actually be advantageous though. I remember last year that AOL offered $250 off any purchase for signing up for 12 months of AOL. But AOL Broadband was an option, which at $15/month x 12 months = $180, was still cheaper than the gift card. Plus, I think many had success with canceling early.

Plus, it really depends on how you look at it. I don't see it as charging "more," I'm just not qualifying for all the potential discounts. Besides, if I remember right, they were better last year about not including those ISP-related discounts in the advertised price.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm looking forward to see the COMPUSA ad... I won't be able to be there on BF, and my aunt will go with her friend. But we need 3 laptops... So maybe if COMPUSA opens at midnight and if they have a laptop for a similar price, my aunt can leave her friend in line at BB, go to CUSA, get the laptop and go back to BB before 4 AM. Or maybe she can get it on Wednesday, if they have a good deal ($399 or something). Do you guys think that would work?

I just tried to sign up & after checking off my preferences & givng them an email address I got this response.

CompUSA.com - Page Not Found

Sorry for the inconvenience, but the address you are looking for does not exist on our site. Our site is constantly changing so that we can serve you better, so the information you need may have moved.

Is anyone else having trouble signing up for E-mail alerts I started the process on the home page,

where it said E-mail List Use the form below to subscribe or manage a subscription.

UPDATE - I just got a welcome message from CompUSA. go figure!

CompUSA also does a "Pre-Thanksgiving" sale on Wednesday evening from 6pm till Midnight. They usually have some good deal then as well.

It's best to sign up on their website for the emails and you should get a notification on Monday or Tuesday about it. The flyer usually 3-4 pages, but one year it was a 6 page newpaper type AD.

I just tried to sign up & after checking off my preferences & givng them an email address I got this response.

CompUSA.com - Page Not Found

Sorry for the inconvenience, but the address you are looking for does not exist on our site. Our site is constantly changing so that we can serve you better, so the information you need may have moved.

Is anyone else having trouble signing up for E-mail alerts I started the process on the home page,

where it said E-mail List Use the form below to subscribe or manage a subscription.

UPDATE - I just got a welcome message from CompUSA. go figure!

Me too!!!! Same error message, and same welcome message too!!!That's just nuts.

I get their e-mails on my main e-mail account as well as my Yahoo account. I had forgotten about the Wednesday night sales. I've enjoyed these sales. There are always people to talk to. Some are know-it-alls but others are worth talking to.

Marcster - thanks for headsup - I'm still waiting for the BF flyer for Compusa - don't want to get up at 5 to hit BB, Target was a disappointment, etc.

Yes, they usually have the night before holiday sales - usually 6pm to 11, or midnite. Have done well there - they aren't as well-publicized, so at least in my area, the stores aren't as crowded.

and as another fwiw, last BF the Compusa was virtually empty - a very pleasant change from the 2 block long lines inside BB. Tho, again, fwiw, I bought an HD set at BB last year - they rung me up in the tv department, completely avoided the long line. Just something else to remember.

Yes, they usually have the night before holiday sales - usually 6pm to 11, or midnite. Have done well there - they aren't as well-publicized, so at least in my area, the stores aren't as crowded.

That's on Wednesday, right? I really hope they have a nice laptop deal on the night before sales. It's my hope of getting one.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know if they are going to have the HP dv6113us laptop for 549 tomorrow (wednesday)? It is the turion 64 x2 one. If not.. It is 949 on their website right now. Do you guys think there will be a problem purchasing the laptop for the full price wednesday and returning it on Friday to get the difference back?

Anyone know if they are going to have the HP dv6113us laptop for 549 tomorrow (wednesday)? It is the turion 64 x2 one. If not.. It is 949 on their website right now. Do you guys think there will be a problem purchasing the laptop for the full price wednesday and returning it on Friday to get the difference back?

im wondering if this laptop is a better deal than getting the hp one for 380 at best buy? i havent really seen anyones thoughts on the one from compusa. i ll be using it for school use and i dont want to have to upgrade anything if i end up getting the one from bb

i'm also looking at this laptop too, the dv6113us?

Is the CompUSA add really official? Can someone tell me what the rebate on it is. Is it $250?

And is there any ISP subscription requirement to get to the $549 price?

I can't see the add clearly so I'm not sure.

I stopped into compusa and BB today. They both would not allow any of the sale prices prior to BF. They gave run around reasons but said a couple people said they couldn't do what happened in the past. Maybe corporate gave them hell.

the Hp...6113 looks like a good unit. The BB mngr said they are not allowing returns B4 12:00 noon. A LOT of people wanted to purchase and then return to get the sale price.

Some of the product wasn't out on the floor yet as it was just for BF.

Good luck.