Cricut Personal Electronic Cutter

e11is

You've piqued my interest- it never occured to me to look for something for ME on Black Friday! Now I'm going to be looking. Enabler ;)

Do you mean to tell me that we can actually buy something for ourselves on BF???:shock:

Sound interesting. Excuse my ignorance, but can 'ya be a lil' more specific as to exactly what that is? Sounds like an electronic tool from Ace Hardware or something.

For those that don't know what this is, yes myself included, here is a link to some information about it: Link

Basically: Personal electronic cutting machine that takes die cutting to the next level without the use of a personal computer. With just the touch of a button, crafters can choose from thousands of letters and shapes in sizes from 1 inch to 5.5 inches tall, and phrases up to 11.5 inches long.

I have 3 friends who once used a Michael's coupon on it and got it for 40% off!!!

I can honestly say that I did not try this. I have been reading on other boards that Micheals no longer accepts the coupons on this machine. I would recommend calling ahead and speaking to the manager before I went out and tried to buy this with the coupon. Evidently this is why Michaels drops the price of the cartridges by $20 so it is considered a sale item and the coupon is not appliciable.

Sorry didn't think to put a link to what it was. It's not for me but looking for my DW. Tried the 40% at Michaels and they said that was one of the item no longer aloud to use that coupon with. Thanks for the other suggestions we'll see.

I can honestly say that I did not try this. I have been reading on other boards that Micheals no longer accepts the coupons on this machine. I would recommend calling ahead and speaking to the manager before I went out and tried to buy this with the coupon. Evidently this is why Michaels drops the price of the cartridges by $20 so it is considered a sale item and the coupon is not appliciable.

As one of my friends put it, she was a Michael's stalker and waited for the opportunity to get one at the discount. She then quickly e-mailed the rest of us and two more friends went and bought one the same day. I think Michael's probably but a restriction after that goof. I am not into to it so I did't get one.

I did read that AC Moore has them in the store for $199.00 (evidently not available on line) I haven't seen this myself so I can't verify it. Any purchases from QVC from now until December can be returned until January 31, 2007 I believe. REally if you have to pay full price that is the best deal so far with the extra cartridge. That alone is a $90.00 value.

J's, M's and ACM's coupons all say you can't use it on the Cricut. And at least ACM's say you can't use it on cartridges either. Provo Craft is really coming down on the use of coupons for it. And there will a MAJOR yelling if Robert's sells it for that, especially after Provo Craft layed the law down to the other chains. They are allowed to have it on a sale, but there is a bottom line below which they aren't allowed to sell it.

IMHO........Buy her a Wishblade! Yes, it's more money up front, but considering that you NEVER have to purchase another piece of software for it, it's the better deal all around. It cuts any .ttf font and we know there are thousands and thousands of those out there for free. Plus there are tons of free shape files available on the Wishblade Yahoo groups.

I just got an email from AC Moore, and today only 10/24 they will have the Cricut for $199 and the Sizzix machine for $39.99, it also says visit the store for more specials. That's an excellent price for the Cricut, I bought mine in the summer for $279...and I love it!

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone seen these or heard that Walmart will be getting them in? I was at my Walmart yesterday and they had the cartridges and the cutting mats and the totes. But, I couldn't find the machines themselves. I have a friend that works in the craft dept, who had never heard of a cricut (imagine that!) but in her defense, she is a sewer, lol! But, she was not aware if they would be getting the machines in or not. They were on an endcap in the craft section and I was (wishful thinking) hoping they would be running a BF special on them!