ideas for musical type gift

fulfam

I'm looking for something that has to do with music for my son he will be 2 right before christmas but does really well with lots of other toys that are geared for older kids. He loves music, dances and sings along to everything. I'm just not sure what to get. Anyone have any good ideas? I'm thinking some type of thing that plays music.

I don't know what your budget is, but when my GD was 2 1/2 I got her a bookshelf stereo for her room. She loved it. I got the stories on CD so she could go to sleep with them and of course it plays any kind of music you like. I've always felt like it was a good investment. I think it was around 70 at Best Buy.

I don't know what your budget is, but when my GD was 2 1/2 I got her a bookshelf stereo for her room. She loved it. I got the stories on CD so she could go to sleep with them and of course it plays any kind of music you like. I've always felt like it was a good investment. I think it was around 70 at Best Buy.

Thanks for the idea but that one won't work this year, he doesn't have his own room, he won't have his own room until we move sometime next year. Right now he sleeps in my room.

If you want relatively inexpensive music toys, try checking the private label WalMart (Kid Connection) and Kmart (Just Kidz, I think) toys. I browsed them with my kids and saw some nice items that would be just right for your son. And if they break... well, you didn't spend a lot on them :)

Fisher Price has a personal mp3 player at Wal-Mart and I am sure at other stores. It is about $60.00 at Wal-Mart. It has headphones I don't know the age it is set for but it is Fisher Price and they are usually durable. If you get anything that is electronic always make sure that it has a volume switch or a headphone connection.

• 2 weeks later...
My 2 year old LOVES her fisher price star station. It is a durable video camera with special effects that sits on top of your television. It has several kid tough cartridges that each have 4 songs. The microphone really works and has buttons to change the effects. You can also record to video or dvd. It retails for $54.88 at Walmart, but make sure you buy duracell or energizer batteries. It drains the cheap ones in minutes.