Need more ideas for my 2 year old

Well, for 2 years old, it sounds like you have enough presents for him, IMO. But then again, I have 3 kids (11, 9, 5) and I am so used to the more toys they get the bigger mess the house is. :)

To help all of us come up with some ideas, about how much more are you wanting to spend on him, dollarwise?

Does he have a favorite character?

Well, I have a two year old, but he has two older brothers so all he really does is play with their stuff. :)

But here's a few ideas

noehlp has the right idea any favorite character?

Mine loves Diego so he'll get a few things maybe the Diego rescue center

Few easy puzzles

K'nex for little kids (ages 3 and up, but my little one doesn't have any trouble)

Musical toys (of course banned to their room after Christmas)

And he'll probably get a ride on toy or a little basketball hoop

Good luck

little tykes four wheeler.....my son still rides it when his john deere runs outa juice! he is 3 1/2 now. fewer gifts seem better at that age, it can be very overwhelming and almost not fun,,,,,plus boxes and tissue paper still seem to get the most laughter and use! go figure.:cool:

Shake and Go Race cars (made by Fisher Price). They have them in Cars (Lightening, Mater, Doc etc) and off-road vehicles and all models of race cars and police cars (usually run between $9 to $14 each). Shake the cars, set them down and off they go. Very easy for kiddos to operate by themselves. (race track also available if you want to avoid the cars smacking into your walls and/or furniture)

My son will be 2 in a couple of weeks and I bought him a train set, leapfrog basketball counting hoops, leapster (b/c he plays with his sisters and yes he knows how to use it), clothes, books, baseball/tee ball set and the red mustand at walmart! Oh, and a savings bond for college b/c I feel guilty about buying all the toys:p

My ds will be 2 on !2/20. Last sping we found a bunch of Geotrax on clearance at Target and a train table on clearance so we got that but I think my dh got it more for him self. Anyway, we are also getting/got : some wooden puzzles, Home Depot toys (he saw the chain saw at TRU and went crazy, Elmo TMX (allready got), a Powe Wheel (dh wanted to get him that big Fisher Price Jeep but it's $400 and he said for just a few 100 more he could get him a real 4 wheeler next year....of course that will be over my dead body...but I wont have to fight that until next year), someone is getting him the Elmo toolbench for his bday, I got him a spider man shaving set, it has a plastic razor, soap and other stuff, and some beach toys (got for 75% off at CVS). Thats all so far. What are you doing for stocking stuffers? So far I've come up with:

*JJ jet plane movie (these are hard to find), if hes way into something else by then I'll switch movies

* Hot Wheels chap stick (his big sister has chap stick and he allways wants her "lips"

*new tooth brush and tooth paste

Melissa

I have a two year old boy, too, and we are looking at what to get ours. There are so many options!! Our son is all about trucks/cars/trains/planes and music so most of his will revolve around this. He is getting the new Elmo, some clothes with trucks on them somewhere, some dvds, and smaller trains, planes, cars and such. I think my Mom is getting him a wagon. Check at KB Toys, they run good sales and we often toys we wouldn't have thought of there. Oh, and my son loves our laptop so we are getting him a toy laptop from KBT I think.

Shake and Go Race cars (made by Fisher Price). They have them in Cars (Lightening, Mater, Doc etc) and off-road vehicles and all models of race cars and police cars (usually run between $9 to $14 each). Shake the cars, set them down and off they go. Very easy for kiddos to operate by themselves. (race track also available if you want to avoid the cars smacking into your walls and/or furniture)

This is great! Bought it for my son who was 3, last year and he's had loads of fun with it!

My son is three and we got him the Little Tikes workbench last year and he loved it. He has played with it since day one. Also have you thought about the shake and go race track or the little tikes rugged riggs trucks? The geotrax is awsome we love ours.

Not sure if someone already said this but, Play-Doh and the color wonder things are good. Also the Aqua Doodle toys. They are all easy to clean and take care of if they get spread out. The only one that is a little hard is play-doh and that you just have to let dry out.

The FP full size star station is GREAT!!!! my daughter loves it.. she's 2. Just stock up on batteries!!

And I've been seeing the Lightning McQueen shake and giggle chairs on a pallet at WM.. There are none stocked, but they're on one of those they pull out at night and put back.

Has anyone seen or bought a childrens laptop (for a 2yr old)? I can't seem to locate something that doesn't look too cheap. My ds has removed all the keys from my laptop so I thought maybe he would enjoy a play one.:fluffy:

I cut the cord off of an old keyboard and my 15-month old sits and pounds on it for a long time! Just an idea.

As far as gift ideas, Duplos / Legos / Lincoln Logs are always great and give them toys that they can be imaginitive with. Seems that our son is always playing with either his Duplos, baseball (or anything he can throw), and cardboard boxes.

I have a 2 year old as well. Only he just turned 2 a couple weeks ago, so most of the things listed here he got for his bday! He has tons of (and LOVES) the Rugged Rigz, little people, hot wheels (one of his faves). He got a Little Tykes grow-to pro basketball hoop, grow-to-pro soccer goal, power wheel motorcycle. He loves all of them, but what the heck does that leave for Christmas? lol.

Oh, and just an idea to throw out there...he has had his FP little people farm for about 6 or 8 months now, and he still plays with it every day. It makes sounds and comes with animals, too cute. Also, we have a little tykes blue plastic dog that looks like a rocking horse. We keep it outside on the porch, since there is a wooden horse inside, but it gets alot of use as well. And I picked it up free at TRU during a sale :)

• 2 weeks later...

I also have a two year old and he loves mickey mouse clubhouse... also tricycle is good, books, and he loves baby einstien movies and Veggie Tales when he watches T.V. .... usually he is tearing up the house. ;-)

With Spider man coming out, Cars, Superman, etc. maybe some cars, or action figures (the bigger ones ofcourse with less small parts).

Good Luck