How many people for Christmas dinner this year?

copados1993

We only get together with my in-laws on Christmas day...nice and quiet :) But on Christmas Eve we have 2 different get togethers, one with my family one with hubbys. This year will be the 1st year I have it at our house for my family, since we have to go pretty for for DH's this year we will be doing it on Sat before Christmas Eve since CE falls on SUn. So I'm pretty excited to get to have my 1st family Christmas..there will just be 13 of us.

we have Christmas Eve at may house have for 12 years now, we are a family of 6 my motherin law and father in law, My sister in law and her husband and three kids, My next door neighbore and her two kids, sometimes my brother, or my sister and her family of 4 the more the merrier I think

Christmas Dinner normally consists of my family of four, my mom and my brother. Christmas Eve dinner has my sister in law and her family (5 of them), my family (4), my mom and my brother. So the most we have on a normal one 11. this year may be different as my father may be coming into town as well as my sister and her family from Vegas (there are six in her family).

We go next door to the inlaws for noon lunch which consist of both my MIL and FIL, BIL, me, my husband, my son and daughter.

So I guess a small gathering. My parents are both deceased and my brothers and sisters live 4 hours away from me so we don't get to see each other during the holidays but will talk on the phone Christmas Day to each other.

4 at my house. It has widdled down alot past few years. When I was a kid it would be alot. My mom comes from a family of 8 so all her brothers & sisters plus there kids would gather at grandma & grandpas. After my grandpa died when I was 10, then we really didnt gather much. Just went more & more downhill as the years gone by. Now that my grandma has passed on too, her kids pretty much stay with there own families on X-mas.

Including my kids and myself there will probably be 13, unless my SILs decide to come back to my brothers and then there will be 15. My dad always buys a honeybaked ham and whoever is hosting cooks a turkey and then all the fixins to go along and desserts. I am not sure who is hosting this year, but since both my brothers are single I will probably be doing it.

Since my mom died in 2000 we have my father over for all holiday dinners. So it'll be the 4 of us, my dad and soon to be daughter in law. LOL I think it's funny how now it's them that have to do 2 meals in one day thing. They spend some time here then go over to her parents and eat again and spend some time with them. I'm glad those days are over for DH and I, even though we still go over to visit.

We always get together with Paul's dad for Thanksgiving and Chr-stmas. So, it's only the four of us. But I love holiday leftovers, so I still cook at least a 15 lb. turkey (for Thankgivng) or a 7 lb. rib roast (for Chr-stmas, I'm even thinking of attempting a recipe I found this year for cooking it in the deep fryer), gravy, appetizer, soup, salad, side dishes, some type of roll or bread, and dessert.

On Christmas Eve there will be myself, DH and (2) DD's. My DH mother and father and probably his oldest sister. Total of 7.

Christmas Day there will be a total of 20 people, My family of (4), 2 sisterw ith their husbands and (2) kids each, brother with his wife and (2) kids and my mother with her (2) brothers and (1) sister who is deaf mute and blind.

So I end of cooking for (2) Christmas dinners.