what time do you get in line

guadarrama

I'm Heading out to BB at midnight....got winter clothes, coupla soda's, smokes and a beach chair! Think there will be people there already!!! If there is a way long line, I may just bag it and wait for the next best deal......I go skunked at the WM laptop deal a few weeks ago.

Oh well, this is really fun! :cheesy:

I'm Heading out to BB at midnight....got winter clothes, coupla soda's, smokes and a beach chair! Think there will be people there already!!! If there is a way long line, I may just bag it and wait for the next best deal......I go skunked at the WM laptop deal a few weeks ago.

Oh well, this is really fun! :cheesy:

Careful with the liquids, man. Every year I take coffee and every year I have to leave the line at least once to pee. If you don't have line-buds, you're hosed.

Don

Guest vjwilson27

My hubby and I are planning on leaving the kids (may take the youngest since she's still nursing :blush: ) with my parents at around 8pm thursday night and heading up to Huntsville (about an hour away, closest "big city") and waiting in "line" at Circuit City for their $299 laptops. I may just get a ticket for Best Buy too, for the heck of it, since they are right next to each other.

We've got the folding stadium chairs, a thermos of coffee, some snacks, and are going to put a futon mattress in the back of our trailblazer (fold down the back seats) with sleeping bags and one us will sleep in the warmth with the baby, while the other waits in line.

That's half the fun of Black Friday. We have to hit Circuit City, (which opens at 5am)Walmart, (which'll start selling BF at 6am according to the store) KMart, (which opens at 7am) and maybe a few other spots.

We're, at least I am, going to be cruising by the BB we frequent around noon-1PM. I'll probably set up our chairs and wait in the car until someone else shows up....if I'm first in line, that is. The wife will mosey on down a few hours later with food, more coffee, etc.

Guest ChristmasIsHere
this is my first big year with Black Friday. I went last year with more people than I may this year (I hope that changes). But where we went wasn't big like the Garden State Plaza. So any recommendations for me?

I'm planning on waiting until midnight to see how the deals are online, if any. Once I check those I'm going to BB by 12:30am - 1am. If there are more than 20 people online, I'll continue on to my next store and wait there, otherwise I'll wait at BB.

I'm planning on waiting until midnight to see how the deals are online, if any. Once I check those I'm going to BB by 12:30am - 1am. If there are more than 20 people online, I'll continue on to my next store and wait there, otherwise I'll wait at BB.

That's a good plan. Here's what happened last year. At 11PM there were already 50 people in line.

This year BF has received even more media exposure AND add to that the BB 7 hour special with $249 laptop = get in line right after Thanksgiving dinner.

That's a good plan. Here's what happened last year. At 11PM there were already 50 people in line.

This year BF has received even more media exposure AND add to that the BB 7 hour special with $249 laptop = get in line right after Thanksgiving dinner.

Like I said, if there are too many people online, I will go on to the next store. There are about 4-5 of each store within 15 miles of me (BB, CC, Staples, CUSA, etc.). Plus, it'll be raining until about midnight here.

Best Buy lines usually start to form around 10pm-midnight. The line quickly grows to numbers in the hundreds by 4am. By the time the doors open for the sale, the line usually wraps around the building and deep into the parking lot. Last year I got in line at BB around 2am and was somewhere in the 70 count. I didn't receive the tickets for the items I wanted, but once I got into the store, I did find many other items at a great price worth buying. I spent tooooo much time in there though, and wished I had scoped out the place and its wares a day or two beforehand so I'd know just where everything would be located once I entered the store on BF. The workers were very organized and helpful (even passed out donuts in line!!), but it was still overwhelming. The store was set up like a maze, and the 100's of shoppers were crawling all over each other trying to work their way back and forth throughout the store.... So, get your ducks in a row before you go so you'll be more prepared to get in and out! Good luck shopping, and Happy Thanksgiving!!

PS--Does anyone know of a place where iPod mini's or nano's will be on sale BF??

Am I reading this right....

people are going to stand in line at these stores starting at 10pm the night BEFORE? for a store thats opening at 6am?

I don't think there is "anything" at these stores worth standing outside of a store for 8 hours. Not unless it's a $5000 plasma they are selling for a grand.

frak

Why get up early and wait in line- lots of items can be bought prior to bf then just return them on bf and get the price difference- much easier and you know for sure you've got the item. Lots of people don't even know about the ads listed on this site- take advantage of the advance info you've got here. I've done this before and I'm doing it again this year.

I am planning to go to staples but have a dilemma, i have 2 staples within 2 miles of each other. one of them is right next to circuit city and the other one is on its own.

which one is a good staples to be at, the one right next to CCITY or the one stand alone ?? being my first BF i am not very sure which one would be wise to avoid the mad rush

This has not been my experience....

Last year I passed by Best Buy at around 10:00 pm and there was already a line wrapped around the store and many tents set up. So either BubbleTea is extremely lucky and lives in a small town with people who are not avid deal hunters or the Bubbles went to their head!

If you want something good at BestBuy, plan on a camp out. The other stores aren't as bad. Since many WalMarts are 24-hour stores, you can get in the store and stand in line for the item you really want, but this can get to be a circus!

Good Luck

Why get up early and wait in line- lots of items can be bought prior to bf then just return them on bf and get the price difference- much easier and you know for sure you've got the item. Lots of people don't even know about the ads listed on this site- take advantage of the advance info you've got here. I've done this before and I'm doing it again this year.

I went to my local BB today and asked about this because I was curious. At first, the salesman himself also thought that it'd be a good idea just to buy the item today & get a price adjustment on BF. However, just to be safe he went & asked his boss. His boss said that you would only be able to do a price adjustment if the item was still in stock when you got there on BF & if it was a voucher item you would need a voucher to make the adjustment. So since you have to stay in line anyway you might as well just get the item then & there! You will also avoid 15% restocking fees on larger items like computers or TVs.

As for myself, I'm heading up to my BB @ 11PM. For where I am, I'll probably be about #20 - #40. Not to worried about the voucher thing though, I'm aiming for the $699 Gateway. Don't get me wrong though, I'll definitely get a few things if I do receive one :cheesy:!

Depends on the store and what you're standing in line for. If its a HOT item, I would expect 10pm on Turkey Day.

When I got to Best Buy last year at 10:45, I was around 80th in line. Realistically I'll probably have to get there by 8pm this year to have a shot at the $250 laptop. See you guys in line :tired: .

Ok I live in Alexandria, VA outside of DC I want to get the emachine for the 189.oo You really think I need to be there Thanksgiving night. What do you do if you are by yourself? I couldn't possibly stand for 6to 8 hours. Any ideas I have no one to take. Unless they let my dog in..........

Ok I live in Alexandria, VA outside of DC I want to get the emachine for the 189.oo You really think I need to be there Thanksgiving night. What do you do if you are by yourself? I couldn't possibly stand for 6to 8 hours. Any ideas I have no one to take. Unless they let my dog in..........

Take a fold up lawn chair and thermos's full of hot drinks. Don't drink too much because you might not find anyone willing to hold your spot. Anyway, yes, you'll need to be there Thanksgiving night. I've been doing BF for at least 10 years and BB the lines start earlier and earlier every year. I've been all around balto/dc metro looking for a hidden Best Buy and all of them always have lines. If you plan on being at Best Buy to get a doorbuster, better start looking at Best Buy around 8 p.m.

OMG. I can't believe I will have to be in line that night. I should look for the smaller CC since the line may not form so quickly you think? Well my dh has to work the next day police officer so maybe he could visit a while. If I have a ticket I am guarenteed that item right because if I take a chair I would need to go to the car and what not.