Think more stores will start opening at 12:01 AM Friday morning this year?

Mursilis

I just saw a short bit on my ABC station's Business Brief that mentioned that some stores will be starting their Black Friday sales at midnight this year. It did not name store names just that some of the stores would be getting "the jump on the competition".

Personally, they better make with the CHEAP PRICES because probably gas prices will reverse gears BIGTIME when black friday rolls around.. hopefully with a few less congress people who are respsonsible for such "lax" oversight of the maket manipulation and profiteering...

I think price is the key to getting people to buy... not wham,bam door busters.. all manufacturers who "set" prices should have them "torched" and they should be 50+% off at least!

This came from the AP wire:

Black Friday Starts Early This Season

Black Friday is going to start extra early for shoppers this year.

That's because many stores are planning to open their doors at the stroke of midnight.

Employers say the typical 5:00 a.m. openings on Black Friday aren't good enough for anxious bargain hunters anymore.

Black Friday, also known as the day after Thanksgiving, traditionally marks the season when stores start moving into the black or make a profit.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/kgtv/20061011/lo_kgtv/10053292

I was watching CNN (with Robin & Company) this morning. They got a report stating that some of the stores will be opening at MIDNIGHT, instead of 6 or 7 in the AM. So be alert about this so we can find out which stores it will be.

HTH

Teresa:)

From the AP wire:

Black Friday is going to start extra early for shoppers this year.

That's because many stores are planning to open their doors at the stroke of midnight.

Employers say the typical 5:00 a.m. openings on Black Friday aren't good enough for anxious bargain hunters anymore.

Black Friday, also known as the day after Thanksgiving, traditionally marks the season when stores start moving into the black or make a profit.

We'll just have to wait and see when each store will open. Once the ads start "leaking" Aaron has promised to create and "Official Store Hours" Thread just as he did last year. Then we will be able to compare which stores open when. We'll just have to be patient till then. Yes, I know it's hard. :gdflower3:

That report from CNN mentions the mall store chains, but not much is mentioned about the major department and electronic stores (WM, KM, Target, CompUSA, BB, CC, etc). Even though, I'm thinkin' with the success of CompUSA last year more stores are gonna try it this year. It'd make it alot easier to shop at multiple stores. You wait in line at the store opening at midnite, knab the doorbuster goodies, then run to the 'other' store's line for opening at 6am.

And I never really planned on sleepin' that day, either. :D

sleep that day or the prior night..what???..god i would be lucky if i got 2 hours of sleep...afraid i would sleep over and miss it all...

But i think Walmart would do a midnight thing..and what publicity that would bring the retailer...they would be capable of doing it at most stores since they are already opened at most locations anyway...but if they do this they would have to have specials all day long to keep cuztomers buying..cuz people would go there first..then jump ion their car and go other places and shop some there..making walmart losing potential sales during that time...so i would think something along the tiered sales thing might have to come into play there..

but the wait is killing me..im so exciting and nervous and anxious...i love shopping!