Coupon limit at Walmart??

shanni

I have always used coupons at Walmart, quite a few actually. Well today I was using the self checkout like I usually do, I had entered 9 coupons and the register stopped and was calling for a cashier.

The cashier comes over and told me I reached my coupon limit.....I wasn't aware they even had one. I told her I have always used tons of coupons there without a problem.

She told me to cash out and to bring my coupons to her, so I did. She then added up all my coupons and paid me for them in cash.

I asked her what the coupon limit was, if it was a certain amount of coupons or a certain dollar amount, and no one there knew!! It was a total of 29.00 in coupons.

That every happened to any of you?

It hasn't happened to me yet but the cashiers look at me like i have two heads when I use coupons. I don't grocery shop there anymore. My Weis store double, triples and you get the BOGO's.

Weis has great deals... I really "clean-up" there sometimes. Gotta love their clearance 50% off items when paired with a doubled (or tripled) coupon! http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Happy/woohoo2.gif

My wife thinks I'm nuts!

OK I know this isn't the same store but at our Giant Eagle I've hit there limit before. Once the cashier told me to end the transaction and bring the receipt over to their register and she manually handled the coupons and they went through. All the other times I've hit the limit the cashier usually just comes over and puts it in cashier mode and they all go through. I've never had that happen anywhere else.

Most systems are set up to accept a maximum of 50 coupons. When I do my heavy shopping I have to keep track so that I can split my order to maximize the number of coupons I can use. My local grocery store calls me the coupon lady. It really pays off though. Last grocery bill $546 before coupons $323 after coupons. Yes I am feeding an army.

Most systems are set up to accept a maximum of 50 coupons. When I do my heavy shopping I have to keep track so that I can split my order to maximize the number of coupons I can use. My local grocery store calls me the coupon lady. It really pays off though. Last grocery bill $546 before coupons $323 after coupons. Yes I am feeding an army.

give me lessons..... lol

none of our self checks allow you to do coupons. You have to press a buttona nd wait for the cashier to call you up and then she does them in the computer up in her command post

I wonder why my Walmarts self checkouts let you use them, must be different in some stores?

I know my Weis has a limit on the dollar amount you save on the coupons at the self check out. If you are saving too much, they won't work. A cashier has to manually do it.

AND if you go through a traditional line, and you save too much, a manager brings over a key to allow you to use the coupons.

Sounds like :bs: , doesn't it? I've never heard of a limit at Wal-Mart, and I KNOW mine usually total more than nine, and more and $29.....but I had a similar experience at the self-checkout at my Wal-Mart recently when buying the $2 ALL laundry detergent. I had 2 bottles and 2 $1 coupons...the self checkout kicked me over to the cashier, and when she came over she said I couldn't use both coupons. I pointed out that I had purchased 2 bottles of detergent. She said, "Well, we're still not supposed to, but I will this time." I just shrugged it off as "she must not know what she's talking about", but now I wonder what the deal is. My solution will be....to not use the self-checkout, I guess.:g_shrug:

• 4 weeks later...
My Walmart stopped taking printed coupons that I get from my newspapers website or ANY manufacturors website! That is really a pain! I usually get great coupons from Blue Bunny that I can print and they are the only ones around that carry that ice cream!

It was, when the register was saying it was getting a cashier, it took almost 15 minutes for her to get to us. I don't blame her, they just didn't have nearly enough people working.

Was it because it was the self checkout lane and you're only supposed to have 10-15 items max or was it a limit for all lanes? Elsewhere on this site other people have complained that Walmart has to get a manager or something when they use too much $$ in coupons. For me, it seems that sometimes they try too hard to find a reason not to accept coupons.

That's really good! I hope that is for more than one weeks worth of shopping?