New Reward Zone Card Changes

bigjimslade

I just got a booklet in the mail today (saturday) that has the new Reward Zone (RZ) program rules and goodies. Below I scaned in a page from the handout I got with the new program changes. I was too lazy to type it out. They also have a new RZ credit card where you can earn points elsewhere besides Best Buy. Since the holidays are around the block I thought I would post this.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m207/davedfw/rz1-1.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m207/davedfw/rz2-1.jpg

FYI, the watermark makes it look like GD is affiliated with the program :gdparanoid:

I looked at it after I posted it and you are right. I fixed it. I just did not want any other board to jack the image. I show my loyalty to this board since people have been nice to me here and made me feel at home.

I looked at it after I posted it and you are right. I fixed it.

Oh, I agree with adding the watermark, but you want to be careful not to make it look like it's an offer from GD. I'll PM you some more off-topic info.

we central ohioans had this program for over an year now...glad its all universal again...cuz the rewards you were all entitled to we werent...it was weird...and confusing...so hopefully this is all worked out now.

In CA and TX they have had the reward zone program for over a year now but I think this is the first major update to the program since it started.

In CA and TX they have had the reward zone program for over a year now but I think this is the first major update to the program since it started.

when i signed up for the program it cost $9.99 (over a year now) but like a couple of months later they sent me a $10 Coupon...cuz they changed the program for specific markets...like central ohio...and it was now free...but other markets had to still pay the $9.99 annually. But with that came other adjustments for those free specfic markets...like when they had the sale price and then the reward zone price...we got charged the sale price not the reward zone price...can you see how this gets confusing...so it isnt an update for us...its an update for other markets...

It all started when Ohio and other state sued Best Buy for their desepetive pratices...this is one reason why we dont get the better doorbusters during Black Friday....

The changes were supposed to go into effect September 18th. I made a purchase a few weeks before this and commented at the check out "getting a few purchases in while I can still earn 100 points". Well, those points i SHOULD have earned as 100/$1 (and the ones that were already posted) were converted. So, if you had say, 4000 points in your account before the changes, you might not have 4000 points anymore.

The old way was better and I'd rather pay $5 for a membership and get 25 or 30 points per $.

I hope they keep the double points deals sometimes.

I got that booklet in the mail today. At least got something similiar anyway w/ something about a special Big Rewards Sweepstakes. I got a coupon for double points on any single item (with a few restrictions of course) in store (good 9th - 31st of October) and one for 500 BONUS points when you place an order on BestBuy.com that is good from October 15 - 21st. There's a computer game I might buy online (hey, under the new system, 500 points is 2 - $5 certificates!) and I'm willing to pay shipping + sales tax if I get the 500 bonus points in return. :D

If they do offers like this every so often, I'll be happy.

My wife has been a member for about 8 months and has now earned almost $500 in reward certificates. She's now a Platinum member and earns 2.5 pts for every dollar spent. We also just got our RZ Master Card which will earn even more points when used at BB and elsewhere. We should now be getting a $5 certificate for every 70 dollars we spend there.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a booklet in the mail today (saturday) that has the new Reward Zone (RZ) program rules and goodies. Below I scaned in a page from the handout I got with the new program changes. I was too lazy to type it out. They also have a new RZ credit card where you can earn points elsewhere besides Best Buy. Since the holidays are around the block I thought I would post this.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m207/davedfw/rz1-1.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m207/davedfw/rz2-1.jpg

I have a question regarding the reward zone mastercard... are you able to do the special financing (18 months no interest..etc.) that comes with the "original" Best Buy credit card...? Thanks.

I have a question regarding the reward zone mastercard... are you able to do the special financing (18 months no interest..etc.) that comes with the "original" Best Buy credit card...? Thanks.

To my understanding is that the BB store CC and the RZ Master Card are two different cards. The advantage of the RZ Master Card is that you can earn points while using your RZ Master Card to pay for stuff like shopping and other services.