Wal-Mart, PM in Layaway

marianfaith

Ok, I went to my local 24 hour Wal-Mart today to PM the Color Video Now Player that is in today's Target paper for $49.99, Wal-Mart's price was $62.96. I went to the layaway department with it and they told me that Wal-Mart no longer lets you put PM idems on Lay-away. The manager told me that you cannot put any items on lay-away with a PM ad!!!!! So I went ahead and paid for it. So everyone might want to check their stores policy. Black Friday if you want to PM you might not be able to put those things on layaway.

Target also had the Vsmile VTech machines for 49 and Wal-MArt had them for 59.

Thanks for the info. I will have to make some calls to some of my stores to make sure what their policies are. Then again may want to go there in person and talk straight to the manager. You never know who is answering the phones and if the info they give you is correct!

PM= Price Match When you take an ad from one store and ask another store to match their price. OK I walk into Wal Mart and say I want to buy this camera you have but I see Best Buy has it for $20 less for the EXACT same thing. Here is the ad will you match their price? They will check to make sure it is exacly the same item and that it's in stock etc. Then you get it at the cheaper price. I hope that made sense!! ;)

Hi motoXmom... I'm in Geneva!

I think so many stores vary by location. I know that Kmart in Madison is easier to deal with when returning...without a receipt.. than the one in Ashtabula!

I think that you find the same with WalMarts really too.

Hey june you're just a hop-skip away! Do you go into Mentor or stay in Ashtabula? Oh by th way Welcome to the boards! It's so much fun here and everyone is really nice, even when you think your question is a dumb one! They are all very helpful ;) Oh and the Smileys kick butt!