>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

They're crazy. All Wii's are made in Japan, hence imported here for use. They make Japanese Wii's in Japan, but they also make US Wii's in Japan. If this was some 3rd rate retailer, I'd be cautious, but JC Penny won't sell you a Japanese version Wii.

This is what I was thinking.

I can say that after waiting on hold now for 45 mins I can not say i recommend dealing with Microcenter.com. They took the orders yesterday for the WII's and no, they do not have them in stock and have no estimated in stock date..... as far as them charging my card he said they would have to send it to their finance department and I would then have to wait for a refund. I said that it is not legal to charge for an item they do not have in stock and he told me "well then sue us!" I told him thet when I got the order confirmation i didn't go get in line because I thought I had one and I knew my Target still had them available and he was like....Lady, unless you had a pre-order or stood in line you would not have gotten one yesterday anyway!!! I asked for a manager to see that the refund was processed in a decent amount of time and he came back and said they have so many complaints stemming from the Wii that no manager is available and he would have to take my number and have someone call me back. Haven't heard from anyone and don't expect to.

:(:mad: :mad: :mad:

SO..........I can't say I suggest Microcenter.......

I can say that after waiting on hold now for 45 mins I can not say i recommend dealing with Microcenter.com. They took the orders yesterday for the WII's and no, they do not have them in stock and have no estimated in stock date..... as far as them charging my card he said they would have to send it to their finance department and I would then have to wait for a refund. I said that it is not legal to charge for an item they do not have in stock and he told me "well then sue us!" I told him thet when I got the order confirmation i didn't go get in line because I thought I had one and I knew my Target still had them available and he was like....Lady, unless you had a pre-order or stood in line you would not have gotten one yesterday anyway!!! I asked for a manager to see that the refund was processed in a decent amount of time and he came back and said they have so many complaints stemming from the Wii that no manager is available and he would have to take my number and have someone call me back. Haven't heard from anyone and don't expect to.

:(:mad: :mad: :mad:

SO..........I can't say I suggest Microcenter.......

I have only delt with Microcenter in thier actual store and had no problems. I would just call your credit card company and file a dispute.

I got a Wii as a result of luck! I ordered one of those Wal-Mart bundles last Friday. Well, I later got an email that said I would not receive some of the games until December, so I cancelled my order. Well, they had already processed the Wii and Madden O7, so that is all I have to pay for. They cancelled the rest and I got an email that my Wii shipped today. I should have it on Wednesday! I did not want the rest of the games anyway! 2 points for perfect timing!

Guest Deals4Mommy

The $10 on $75 savings if for your NEXT trip. It will not count towards your Wii purchase.

You CANT use coupons on hardware anyways...

I did not say I was using a $10 off coupon on the Wii, you guys.

YOU GET A $10 GIFT CARD WITH EVERY PURCHASE OVER $75. So, what I was saying, when I paid for the Wii, I would get a gift card. When I paid for EACH set of games, I would get a gift card. I'm on my way to pick them up, now.

I know this will happen, because I did this last year at TRU with the XBox 360 games & accessories. Depending on how nice the workers are in your store, they will let you use the gift cards right then and there on your next purchases.

I am new to posting. I hope I am doing it right. I purchased a Wii (pre-order from EB Games) and picked it up yesterday. I was unable to get the pre-order of the memory cards. Can I purchase any type of memory card for it. I don't know anything about memory cards so I figure I would aske some experts. I have not opened the Wii box yet to get info. This is the big present for my 2 children for Christmas. Thanks for any help.

Welcome racerfan - excellent first post :)

You need a Secure Digital card. We have a deal posted for a 2GB one for only $15 after rebate. See here :)

I am new to posting. I hope I am doing it right. I purchased a Wii (pre-order from EB Games) and picked it up yesterday. I was unable to get the pre-order of the memory cards. Can I purchase any type of memory card for it. I don't know anything about memory cards so I figure I would aske some experts. I have not opened the Wii box yet to get info. This is the big present for my 2 children for Christmas. Thanks for any help.

I also see that Best Buy has a 1Gb SD card for $5 after a $25 mail in rebate in their ad.

Guest JeepMom
My MIL works night shift at wal mart. She said she would keep an eye out for me. I'm hoping she or I will be able to locate one soon.

Man, I can't afford the $700 package! I would do it if zelda was in the group to choose from.

I really didn't want to buy 8 games at first either but at least the game choices have changed and they have added ones that DS(10) would like - last week, most of the games they had offered DS didn't want so buying the bundle was useless.

Decisions, decisions, decisions - to buy or not to buy????????????????????

I am very surprised how hard it is to find a Nintendo Wii, every place I've called and gone to has been sold out!

I'm not - it doesn't matter the system, on launch date they ALL SELL OUT!!!

Now the question is: will we see the Wii on the shelves BEFORE Christmas??? Nintendo says they will have an abundance and will be shipping regularly but that doesn't mean everyone that wants one will be able to get one.

DH said to pass on this since Zelda wasn't in it. I'm not paying crazy prices just to get one ya know.

I had one in my cart and was ready to hit the send button and DH told me to wait too.

Walmart could sell the system without the bundle - they are being greedy. :D

Ok i really hated to post this question on here becasue it is so detailed bt i cant find my answer any where else.I got the WII for my son ,now:does it come with memory to save games or do i need the SD card?HOw do i connect to the interent?I have DSL but no router?Will i also need a wireless card?The WII points card used to download games to play can i use my comp to download the games or do i have to connect WII to router to go online to download the games?Ok last question do you have to have the CLassic controller to play the old games and use the new WII remote to play the new WII games or can some of the old games use the WII remote?Ok thxs for ur help.Whewwwwww.:g_shrug: :g_shrug: :g_shrug::banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I got my Wii today via USPS from Amazon. That was quick! According to the date they gave me it wasn't supposed to be here until Friday. I am happy because I got it before any of the kids seen it and I hid it. I know if my 12 year old DS would have gotten the package he would have tried to open it, but luckily I was home when the mail came and only my 4 year old was home and didn't even notice. Hopefully I can keep my excitement of knowing I got it for them to myself until Christmas!

Guest JeepMom

I had one in my cart and was ready to hit the send button and DH told me to wait too.

Walmart could sell the system without the bundle - they are being greedy. :D

I called and asked about the bundle, I told the lady this and she was like "yea, you're right".

Someone said on the PS3 thread ppl are able to return games because it's not invoiced as a bundle, but individual items.

Ok i really hated to post this question on here becasue it is so detailed bt i cant find my answer any where else.I got the WII for my son ,now:does it come with memory to save games or do i need the SD card?HOw do i connect to the interent?I have DSL but no router?Will i also need a wireless card?The WII points card used to download games to play can i use my comp to download the games or do i have to connect WII to router to go online to download the games?Ok last question do you have to have the CLassic controller to play the old games and use the new WII remote to play the new WII games or can some of the old games use the WII remote?Ok thxs for ur help.Whewwwwww.:g_shrug: :g_shrug: :g_shrug::banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I THINK I know the answers to some of your questions:

I think the games you download can only be played on the classic controller which is extra;

I think the games that you can download can only be downloaded onto the Wii from it's hookup with the Internet;

Not sure about saving games but you probably have to buy a memory card as it's not like the PS3 or 360 where it has it's own hard drive.

If you have DSL you have to have a router, it's probably a wired router. You can pick up a wireless for $40 at WM

Technically, they could have a card on thier PC that connects the DSL. Granted most people have an external modem connected to a router, but not all.