>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

I gave in and ordered it.

The video's playing bowling, and racing sold me. I can't wait for some baseball and golf games to come out. That will be sweet.

Wii Sports includes baseball and golf, but I don't expect full-fledged games out of Wii Sports. It's more of an introduction to the system/control scheme. It'll be a cool party game, but I don't think the games will have enough depth to make it a fun 1-player game.

I wonder what the differences will be between the Wii version and the GC version since the Wii will be able to play either since it's backwards compatible.

I don't think there will be any substantive differences other than the control scheme. At E3 they showed how you'll be able to shoot a bow and arrow with the Wii-mote + nunchuck and fish with the Wii-mote. And of course Link has a sword, so you'll probably be able to control that by swinging the Wii-mote. I'd hope that the Wii version will also let you control Link with the GameCube controller.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/discussionboard/discussion.html/ref=cm_cd_td_t/104-8788261-4727949?ie=UTF8&cdForum=&cdPage=1&cdItems=3&asin=B0009VXBAQ&store=videogames&cdThread=Tx3TV0UCIFW8EE8

Hi! My name is Jon, and I'm an editor working on the Amazon.com Video Games team. We know that everyone is excited to get their Wii pre-ordered... heck, we're anxious, too. Unfortunately, we don't yet have our launch allocation numbers from Nintendo, so we don't have any hard and fast data for you.

For a brief period on Friday, we did offer pre-orders for the Wii, however, the rate at which pre-orders came in dramatically outpaced what we had anticipated, so we suspended pre-orders until we are able to get a firmer commitment from Nintendo regarding how many units we'll have for sale.

Because the pre-order window was so brief, the e-mail many of you signed up for notifying you that pre-orders were available was never triggered to send out. We apologize and have fixed the system to ensure pre-order e-mail notifications are sent in advance.

Thanks for posting that. I was really upset that I wasn't notified of the pre orders even though I had signed up right away to be notified and that I missed it. Now I feel better that I still have a chance. I've been checking Amazon several times a day since that happened and haunting EB Games trying to get info from them.

Thanks for posting that. I was really upset that I wasn't notified of the pre orders even though I had signed up right away to be notified and that I missed it. Now I feel better that I still have a chance. I've been checking Amazon several times a day since that happened and haunting EB Games trying to get info from them.

EB/Gamestop are waiting for the same reason amazon is at this point... They just don't know exactly how many Wii's they are gonna get and they don't want to "over-promise" like they did for the 360.

I have found a place online to place a preorder but it costs $363 for the wii. I REALLY cannot afford one at more than that if the prices go crazy later. What do you all think the odds of it going higher are?

I live far from any stores that would carry this and sine I'm not seeing any hope of any other big stores online presales I thought that would be my best bet.

I have found a place online to place a preorder but it costs $363 for the wii. I REALLY cannot afford one at more than that if the prices go crazy later. What do you all think the odds of it going higher are?

I live far from any stores that would carry this and sine I'm not seeing any hope of any other big stores online presales I thought that would be my best bet.

$363? Thats a bit much, since the system will likey sell for $250.

Check out the store's reputation at www.resellerratings.com. It smells of a scam, but if it's a large store that's got a good reputation, then go for it. However, the Nintendo Wii stock will be plentiful after the holidays, so you could always slip an IOU in a card if that's what this is for.

Guest Frieked

Where?

Check out the store's reputation at. It smells of a scam, but if it's a large store that's got a good reputation, then go for it. However, the Nintendo Wii stock will be plentiful after the holidays, so you could always slip an IOU in a card if that's what this is for.

I looked for it on that site but it wasn't there. I don't mind paying a little bit more now if I'm sure I'll get it. I just wonder how hard this one will be too get. Million dollar question. lol

I can't post the site on here cause I'm new.

I looked for it on that site but it wasn't there. I don't mind paying a little bit more now if I'm sure I'll get it. I just wonder how hard this one will be too get. Million dollar question. lol

I can't post the site on here cause I'm new.

The question is, how soon do you need it? I'd try to get it preordered at EB Games, if you can. Do you have any friends or relatives that live near one? There's a "store locator" button at the top of their website. http://www.ebgames.com/default.asp

The question is, how soon do you need it? I'd try to get it preordered at EB Games, if you can. Do you have any friends or relatives that live near one? There's a "store locator" button at the top of their website. http://www.ebgames.com/default.asp

Before Christmas of course. lol I don't know anybody that would be near a store that I could bug to do a preorder for me. I wish somebody would do one online. I had good luck with that last year at amazon for the xbox 360 I bought for my sister to give to my nephew.

Before Christmas of course. lol I don't know anybody that would be near a store that I could bug to do a preorder for me. I wish somebody would do one online. I had good luck with that last year at amazon for the xbox 360 I bought for my sister to give to my nephew.

Did you check the store locator? I did and was pleasantly surprised to find 2 stores closer to me that I didn't even know existed. Now I'm just going to call them to find out the details.

Guest Frieked

Just got the email from them as well...

I would get there early if I were you... Each store only took a maximum of 16 orders for the PS3, There will probably be more Wii's than that but still not a lot and they will sell out within minutes at some stores.

Also in the email they say that online pre-orders will start at a later date.

Oh, and if your Canadian, they are taking the in store orders on Monday, not tomorrow.

Guest Frieked

Yup, EB/Gamestop will be taking pre-orders tomorrow. Hubby used to manage one, and has friends there. They called to let us know this morning that they will start taking POs manana, lol. More than likey a $50 deposit. He will be heading up there early in teh am to get one!Actually, two.

$50 deposit is correct. Tomorrow is for the US only, Canada starts on Monday according to the newsletter they just sent out.

Yup, EB/Gamestop will be taking pre-orders tomorrow. Hubby used to manage one, and has friends there. They called to let us know this morning that they will start taking POs manana, lol. More than likey a $50 deposit. He will be heading up there early in teh am to get one!Actually, two.

There is a limit of 1 per household per the email that Gamestop sent out.

Sign up at Wii Preorders to track / be notified of preorders. Amazon.com already had their preorder filled, and EBgames was going to do it sometime this week.

Supposedly, Amazon is going to reopen preorders. They did a brief one and was overwhelmed with the response and since they didn't want to preorder more than they were alloted (they didn't have the exact number yet), they closed it.