>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

Walmart is putting them back out on the shelves on December 6th according to their latest sale paper. Get there early. I'm hoping they will restock the controllers too.

I will have to concur with this since the ad here in Colorado says that as well (available 12/6).

so hopefully can get one

Thomas

It says that it does not ship until 12/18. Will the whole bundle get held up for the pre-order games?

Well I ordered a bundle from Walmart.com and I got my Wii today and they shipped the Wii right away and the games come separate. I would think the same would happen at Gamestop. Worse that can happen is you could order this one and if you find another one sooner or without the bundle before the 18th you can cancel the order. They don't charge your card till they ship and you cancel up until it ships. If the Wii was for me, I would be waiting until after Christmas but I had a kid who would have been very disapointed if there was no Wii under the tree so I would have bought this one if I didn't get one already.

Someone recommended to me you set up the unit to make sure everything is in working order before wrapping it up for Christmas. I did just that this morning and everything is working fine and I did the internet set up. That took abt 30 min. total (lots of people hitting in right now - and of course your connection speed makes a difference too).

They say if you do encounter a problem, call Nintendo and they ask you give them a credit card number for security and they ship you a new wii console only and if you don't return the old one they bill you for a new unit.

I just got an email confirmation of my cancelled Amazon (Target bundle) Wii unit only being shipped next week.

Check your email if you had the bundle cancelled. Your unit may be on the way!

Yep...yep...yep!!!!! My order has been shipped...:D :D :D

Delivery est. is Dec 7-11....whoo-hooo!!!

Thank goodness, I DID NOT want to wait in line tomorrow!:yuck:

I just got an email confirmation of my cancelled Amazon (Target bundle) Wii unit only being shipped next week.

Check your email if you had the bundle cancelled. Your unit may be on the way!

when did you order the bundle???? I just put in a order for the target bundle on amazon. Should I be expecting a cancellation email?

I would like to know what time Target and Best Buy are getting the Wiis this sunday. Also, where did you hear this info?

I heard it HERE. :D

Our Target opens at 8am tomorrow, and my mom is going for me. If we don't get it tomorrow we'll try again at WM on Wednesday. I'm hoping they'll go for sale at midnight since I'm unable to be there at 8am.

I would like to know what time Target and Best Buy are getting the Wiis this sunday. Also, where did you hear this info?

I heard it from managers.

And your best bet is to be there atleast a hour before they open, especially if there aren't that many stores around.

For those in the Manhattan area

Nintendo World at Rockerfeller Center has hundreds upon hundreds of remotes, nunchucks, and classic controllers. They also recieve a number of Wii's every morning at store open.

Toys R Us at Times Square also gets Wii's in every day from what I was told, they sell them at the special Wii area on the 2nd level at store open.

I heard it HERE. :D

Our Target opens at 8am tomorrow, and my mom is going for me. If we don't get it tomorrow we'll try again at WM on Wednesday. I'm hoping they'll go for sale at midnight since I'm unable to be there at 8am.

I called my walmart and they said midnight, might not hurt to call yours and make sure.

Here is the thing....

They ALREADY have the systems. They wait until a specified day to sell them, generally on a Sunday because that is when the new ad starts.

It is your basic marketing ploy, can't blame them I suppose.

You need to start calling your local stores and drag the info out of them so you can give yourself the best shot at it.:yup:

Good Luck to everyone!