>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

So it looks like the next Guaranteed Wiis are Sunday. Has anyone seen ads for Best Buy or Target or Wal Mart for 12/3? I saw the ad for Walmart that mentions 12/6 on digg.

How long do people think the wait will be for the different stores? In the DC area it seems that a couple of hours gives you a good chance to get one.

First off try and pick a store in an area that doesn't get hit too hard. My husband stood in line at 9 am for Best Buy and they opened at 10 am but they seem to always give out tickest about an hour before the stores open to get you away from the door before it opens. However even at an hour we were 40 in line and they had 28 tickets and we called ahead and the store manager said they don't get hit very hard. As it was if we had gotten there just about 15 minutes earlier we would have had a Wii that day. It isn't as bad as the lines for a PS3 where they camp out for like three days but get there early enough so you don't have to keep waiting in lines. What we also did was call around to the stores that had them advertised for the next day and asked the manager when they planned on giving out tickets as with one Walmart they gave them out at midnight and well the store was open 24 hours.

my system was one invoice and the game that came was invoiced separate I will try to take the game back in a week or so by the way what part of pa are you from??

Wilkes Barre.

I hope I have good luck- I would rather wait for the games... instead of using the ones I had to order.

I don't want three games and it looks like they will be the last three shipped. I got my confirmation tracking number for the console and two games today. Is there a way to cancel the rest of the shipment now or do I have to wait till all of it to arrive and take back the games?

I tried... I even emailed customer service, but I didn't even get a response.

I have inside info.

Target WILL have them on Sunday. I know my specific store will have 11. It will be in the ad.

One of my brothers works at Target and told me about it. He said they are already there and they are counted by the manager every night to make sure an employee didnt buy one. Even the employees have to stand in line outside if they want one.

Hope this helps someone!!!!

If all walmarts are suppose to be getting them in, if anyone is near rantoul, illinois try there. On launch day we got there at 6am and was 7th in line. They recieved 20 systems, so we were able to pick up another one as no one else showed up for a family friend.

Do you know the Target code for the Wii? One of the Targets near me lets you enter the code into the price checker and it tells you if they have the item in the storeroom. I am sure they are holding it until Sunday, but I might be able to find out how many. Apparently the code is different from the UPC code.

I have inside info.

Target WILL have them on Sunday. I know my specific store will have 11. It will be in the ad.

One of my brothers works at Target and told me about it. He said they are already there and they are counted by the manager every night to make sure an employee didnt buy one. Even the employees have to stand in line outside if they want one.

Hope this helps someone!!!!

JourneyEd.com is where I was able to order a Wii. I just checked the web site and you can order them. It says "no definitive shipping date" but I ordered mine on Nov. 28th and the order status said it's in the warehouse! The web site is a bit slow...

JourneyEd.com is where I was able to order a Wii. I just checked the web site and you can order them. It says "no definitive shipping date" but I ordered mine on Nov. 28th and the order status said it's in the warehouse! The web site is a bit slow...

Do you have to be a student or teacher to order from this site?

Not only does it say that but it also says, "UPDATE: Due to product demand, this item will not ship until well after Christmas." It doesn't look like they'll have any.

An employee at a local WalMart accidentally told me that she had Wii's in stock. When I showed up the computer wouldn't allow the sale. After calling the next day I was told that they wouldn' allow the sale of the Wii's they had in stock until Dec. 6th.

I really wish they would just release them when they are actually available. It is amazingly lame to hold them just to amplify the hype. I know it saves them millions of dollars from having to advertise for themselves and letting the hype do all the work for them... but it still sucks.

Probably strategic marketing at Warmart. Hang around waiting to get that wii then hopefully pick up accessories there and since you are there anyway, do a bit more shopping. I would assume the Wii itself is not a high markup item, the money is to be made in the accessories and games. So picking up a few more sales to committed shoppers does make more sense.

I know it doesn't make it any less frustrating for the shopper though. :eyepoppin

An employee at a local WalMart accidentally told me that she had Wii's in stock. When I showed up the computer wouldn't allow the sale. After calling the next day I was told that they wouldn' allow the sale of the Wii's they had in stock until Dec. 6th.

I really wish they would just release them when they are actually available. It is amazingly lame to hold them just to amplify the hype. I know it saves them millions of dollars from having to advertise for themselves and letting the hype do all the work for them... but it still sucks.

I got a WM flyer in the mail today...says Wii, available 12/6 limited amount.

OK I ordered the Wii from Walmart.com on weds and the tracking has it delievring to my house tomorrow. Have three games also coming and I was able to cancel the other five games, well I think I did, the lady said it was "in process" to cancel but said it should go thru before anymore ship. So you can cancel the rest of the order "after" the Wii ships and not get stuck with the whole bundle. Also found out that Walmart does have the Wii in Sunday's ad and says has 6 min per store but our local store says they have 52 in stock for Sunday. They will give out tickets at midnight.

Congrats - Passthe crablegs

Hmmm I got the Walmart weekly ad here in Illinois and it said min. 3 per store in it and only on Wed. Dec. 6th. No mention of a Sunday.

Is there a second add with this Sunday date? Or is someone looking at the old ad?

Guest JeepMom

OK I ordered the Wii from Walmart.com on weds and the tracking has it delievring to my house tomorrow. Have three games also coming and I was able to cancel the other five games, well I think I did, the lady said it was "in process" to cancel but said it should go thru before anymore ship. So you can cancel the rest of the order "after" the Wii ships and not get stuck with the whole bundle. Also found out that Walmart does have the Wii in Sunday's ad and says has 6 min per store but our local store says they have 52 in stock for Sunday. They will give out tickets at midnight.

This is a highly YMMV thing. I was not allowed to cancel anything.

Wow - I just happened to check the tracker and Amazon had the Nintendo Wii Action Starter Bundle available. I was able to order one. When I went back to check if any more were available - they sold out! I will be cancelling my order with journeyed.com.

Congrats - Passthe crablegs

Hmmm I got the Walmart weekly ad here in Illinois and it said min. 3 per store in it and only on Wed. Dec. 6th. No mention of a Sunday.

Is there a second add with this Sunday date? Or is someone looking at the old ad?

Wow you know I went and checked the flyer again and it said sale starts on the 3rd but when you look inside at the Wii ad it says it is available on the 6th. However we called the store ourselves because my sil wants one now that I got one and the manager said they were giving tickets out at midnight on Saturday night and he already had the Wii's are in stock in the back. Wonder if he made a mistake but hey I have his name and he said he is working then so I am going in and asking for him. Hope he remembers me and what he said. Sorry for the mix up I just want to help out everyone who is here looking for one since you guys helped me get one.

This is a highly YMMV thing. I was not allowed to cancel anything.

Well what happened is I got an email saying the Chicken Little game was on backorder and I could cancel if I wanted to or do nothing and it would ship when it came in and the estimated ship date is after Christmas. So I said I wanted to cancel the rest of my shipment and she did it.