When do you start listening to Christmas music?

brynnfromtheblock

I deliver for UPS and have already deliverd the Christmas music to Gap Kids, Cost Plus World Market(Which by the way has its Christmas merchandise out for sale), and a couple of restaurants. I don't like listening to Christmas music until Christmas Eve.

OK, here comes a :rant: I'd just like to start this post by noting that I enjoy Christmas -- I just don't enjoy the commercialization of Christmas. I'm not a scrooge!

I enjoy singing Christmas hymns in church, but I avoid (commercial) Christmas music. It's the same old boring Nat King Cole standards every single year. :bonk: Even "The 12 Pains of Christmas" has gotten old by now.

Even more annoying are the non-Christmas songs that are classified as Christmas songs. Why do people stop playing these after Dec 25? Frosty the Snowman, Winter Wonderlan, Sleigh Ride, Let It Snow, and Jingle Bell Rock. These are winter songs, not Christmas songs. Heck, Jingle Bells was written for Thanksgiving. We shouldn't even hear that any more by the time Black Friday rolls around!

Right after Halloween. I try to keep up with American holidays from down here, so music is important to me. Normally, I start watching Xmas movies as well, from October on. Of course, I just listen to the music on my MP3, and don't tell anyone about my Xmas movies as well. Nobody likes such things here, and they say it's childish.