Do you watch the parade?

momof5plus1hubby

I love the Macey's Thanksgiving Day Parade!

What's really kewl, is that Macey's took over our Burdines here this past May or so, and at the UF Homecoming Parade this past Friday they had a float! And a really nice float for this college town. They were the only retailer to have one; most other floats were from UF organizations, public schools, after school organizations for kids, and charity fund raising organizations. I hope this will spur other retailers to make an effort and submit some nice floats into the parade in future years.

I do also love the Disney World Chr-stmas Day Parade with Regis and Kelly. FIL doesn't usually arrive for Chr-stmas Day until nearly noon, and we have trained Beorn from the start that we don't even look in our stockings until 'Poppie' arrives, so the parade helps pass the time Chr-stmas morning, other than us enjoying our overnight french toast casserole and Chr-stmas cocoa for breakfast while waiting.

• 1 month later...

yep... when I was little and even now and my kids love it. I've always wanted to go to NY for the parade

I always watch the parade. It's one of my favorite things about the holiday's! I would definitely recommend to anyone who has kids in the 6 -9 age range to try and make the trip to see it in person! I grew up watching the parade from my home in Pittsburgh. But when I was 7 years old my aunt moved to NYC and may parents brought me to visit for the holiday and we went to all the festivities. Seeing the balloons blown up and the acks practice at Harold Square the night before the parade and then the big event itself. That year on BF my mom and I shopped at Macy's and I got my picture taken with Santa at Macy's flagship store in Harold Square. It is one of my favorite memories from childhood! I now live 45 min outside NYC and have seen the parade 3 times. It was definitely better to see it as a child and if it is something you want to do I'd recommend saving up the money and buying a package for the weekend from the Plaza hotel. It's very expensive but it gives you your accomodations as well as tickets to the grandstands. It's much nicer to have seats than to push through all the people. Especially with kids. And I think my dad would tell you that after 4 hours of holding a 7 yo on his shoulders he was not enjoying himself! :)