If you could would you have any "Do over's"?

Turtle Mommy

Last year on Thanksgiving I waited for the afternoon to grab a paper. After 5 stores telling me they were all sold out I almost started to panic! I needed my ads. Luckly my Dad found a store that had 1 left and brought it to me.

This year my butt is getting out of bed early. I am going to roll out of bed brush my teeth and hair and throw some running pants and a tshirt on and I am going to get my paper. I had no clue getting a paper on Thansgiving was that hard!!:cheesy:

Marcster's comment ~ as outlined here: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=48434 please make sure thread titles are clear.

Consider that a warning and a hard lesson learned for this year. Thanksgiving day papers with all the BF ads go extremely fast for those pickin' it up from newsstands. Those who have the paper delivered to their homes get to sleep in that day. :D

I say get up right about when the place you're gettin' the paper from expects them delivered. Like about 2am or something. Other than ordering a subscription, that's the only way to guarantee one.

have any Do over's?

Last year on Thanksgiving I waited for the afternoon to grab a paper. After 5 stores telling me they were all sold out I almost started to panic! I needed my ads. Luckly my Dad found a store that had 1 left and brought it to me.

This year my butt is getting out of bed early. I am going to roll out of bed brush my teeth and hair and throw some running pants and a tshirt on and I am going to get my paper. I had no clue getting a paper on Thansgiving was that hard!!:cheesy:

You should of came here, we had the ads! :P

At least you know better this year, :)

My hubby gets up and gets the paper about 4:30-5:00 am for that very reason. And since we will fight over it he buys one for himself and one for me :D

Same here, but DH stays home and I am the one going out for the papers and a trip to Big Lots! I hope they are opened on Thanksgiving again this year.

Okay my do over would be to not oversleep. I overslept last year, because I didn't want the alarm to wake up visiting family. I tried to use the alarm on the cellphone I had at the time.

This year no visting family so the alarm will be set.

I look at the ads here, we get a paper delivered, then I go to the gas station and buy the other large newspaper that we don't receive at home. I want to make sure all of my basis are covered. I did have to tell the girl at the gas station last year how to make her turkey. It was the first Thanksgiving she was cooking.

My do over would be from 2 years ago. That was the first year of the Portable DVD Players. I went to Kohl's for them. They had an awesome deal on one that came with all the bells and whistles (carrying case, battery, 2 sets of headphones, etc etc). I bought 3 of them. One for us, one for a friend that asked me to pick one up for her, and one for my nephew for a graduation present. I'm an ebay seller and I had no clue that this was going to be a hot item for Christmas! I usually check all the BF specials out on ebay to see what these items are going for but I didn't that year. I could have made a killing on those Portable DVD players! I was second in line at Kohls and could have had 10 of them! Oh well, lesson learned! I haven't and won't make that mistake again!

Michelle